What Tune Is Stuck In Your Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Tune Is Stuck In Your Head

Paul Simon... think the tune is called "Late in the Evening"... lotsa horns with a Latin beat...
    I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
    Tribe of my Tribe
    Clan of my Clan
    Kin of my Kin
    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Alabama Song by The Doors.

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
        Alabama Song by The Doors.
        That's a great version of a song by Kurt Weill (music) and Bertolt Brecht (libretto) that's originally from Aufsteig und Fall der Stadt Mahagonny. The original score actually calls for a female soloist and a small female chorus.
        OO

Book of Spirals is my author site.
        The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
        Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Comment

I've had the Adventure Time theme song stuck in my head for quite some time now. And it keeps playing wrong, calling Jake the human and Finn the dog 0_o
          sigpic

Comment

The song that gets stuck in my head the most is this.. It's in Japanese but don't think just because you don't know the language, this won't be stuck in your head for days after hearing it! Ken intended for it to be an earworm.

I guess I should at least tell people the meaning of what they'll find themselves singing for the next few hours..

Dokodemo doa ga attari nakattari suru kara yo!
            'The dokodemo door (anywhere door) is sometimes there, but sometimes it's not' (over and over and over and..).

Ken sings the names of the characters from Doraemon 'Doraemon' 'Nobita-kun' and 'Suneo'.

Enjoy!! ^^
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I've always wondered, do Japanese people actually talk like that? Or is it just the popular fashion to have crazy high pitched voices?
              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
              Seen the desert and the birds
              You cut your hair short
              Like a shush to an insult
              The world had been yelling
              Since the day you were born
              Revolting with anger
              While it smiled like it was cute
              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                I've always wondered, do Japanese people actually talk like that? Or is it just the popular fashion to have crazy high pitched voices?
                Adults don't usually speak like they do in anime, no. That's just to sound cute (it's horrible if you ask me). I lived next to a primary school and on the walking route to a middle school, and while some girls did have high voices, they weren't so ear-piercing. You do, however, find that girls in girl bands will put on a higher voice and act like anime characters to add to the 'rorikon' effect (rorikon is hard to explain but basically means the way Japanese society will sexualise young girls, or older girls will dress and act like children, so like, school skirts, cat ears and carrying teddies makes someone sexy..).

What does happen, is when a group of females are chatting together, they get higher and higher pitched the more exciting the conversation gets. They also sound like a racing cars.. I've known every female around the table to be going 'heeeeee' 'heeee'.. 'neeeee' 'eeeeee' one after another for like 20 seconds when we go out at the weekend. ^^ Men tend to be more 'huh-huh-huh'.

I think illustrates my point exactly. WARNING: turn down the sound on your computer before pressing play!

夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Lol, just, lol.....

I figured it was something like that though, a bit odd, but then I have a friend that dresses like it too, and she be white n blonde.... Ugh

RIP

You cut your hair short
                  Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                    Rorikon is hard to explain
                    Lolicon is short for lolita complex, and is a reflection of the very real problem Japan has with pedophilia and to a certain extent the problem it has with sexism.
                    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Lol, just, lol.....

I figured it was something like that though, a bit odd, but then I have a friend that dresses like it too, and she be white n blonde.... Ugh
                      I sometimes dress a bit like that, it's very watered-down though. I got into Harajuku fashion when I was there, because I didn't understand what it was or that it was a cult thing in the west. I was into punk and rock at that time of my life and it just seemed 'super alternative' to me. I don't make a point of it as such, but some of my outfits definitely still have a Harajuku flavour to them. I'm finding more and more that I'm getting into more classic, grown-up Japanese style fashion, because I just love what my friends wear and they're flattering styles for shorter girls with narrow shoulders like me.

Japanese is generally a pitch higher than English. It has less base. I actually feel it physically when I speak, that the sounds are coming from different parts of my voice-box. I've tried to use the exact same voice I have when I speak English, but that makes me sound much more foreign. It's a small pitch difference, but it's definitely there.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                        Lolicon is short for lolita complex, and is a reflection of the very real problem Japan has with pedophilia and to a certain extent the problem it has with sexism.
                        Lolita! That's what my friend does. I once saw her in a Lolita style dress, with strawberries on it, with a strawberry handbag, hair in pigtails, with strawberries on them, frilly little socks, and little white heels. But she be white yo.

And yeah Jem, I imagine Japanese would be a very 'head voice' language. I know that as a musical/singing term, as in head voice vs chest voice.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                        Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Lolita! That's what my friend does. I once saw her in a Lolita style dress, with strawberries on it, with a strawberry handbag, hair in pigtails, with strawberries on them, frilly little socks, and little white heels. But she be white yo.

And yeah Jem, I imagine Japanese would be a very 'head voice' language. I know that as a musical/singing term, as in head voice vs chest voice.
                          That makes sense! Yeah, I should have said what rorikon comes from, but I didn't think you'd know what lolita is! I've never heard the terms head voice and chest voice. That probably explains precisely what the difference is! I actually just made a little video of myself speaking first English then Japanese and then Japanese trying to add to base of my English voice, to show you what I meant. Unfortunately, I can't find the chord to link my phone to the laptop. It's not that important anyway I guess. ^^

Comment

'When I'm Sixty-Four' - the Beatles.

Simultaneously, 'Mummer's Dance' - Loreena McKennitt.

A two-song radio station, that's what I've got!

Comment

Originally posted by Erika View Post
                              'When I'm Sixty-Four' - the Beatles.

Simultaneously, 'Mummer's Dance' - Loreena McKennitt.

A two-song radio station, that's what I've got!
                              I sing 'Mummer's Dance' when I'm at work! I do night shift and besides supporting people who need assistance though the night, I do general cleaning tasks, admin stuff (I think I'm the only person there who knows how to use microsoft word!). It can get a bit dull. So I have a playlist on youtube with pagan-themed songs and sometimes I like to play it on the laptop at work and sing along while I'm working. ^^

Comment

The theme song of Portlandia.

Comment

Working...
                                X