Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mother daughter relationships

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
    and because she see's them like some doll. She desires and wants it when she can't have it but once she has it doesn't want to be bothered unless she wants to play with them.
    This wording....I see this a lot--in fathers with their son's as well. And in mothers with their sons, and fathers with daughters, though those seem to be less often.

I call it puppy syndrome. Like....puppies are cute and cuddly, but also work. And its easy to bring a puppy home, but its harder to care for it everyday. People do this with relationships too--they don't want the world of being in a relationship--they want the idea of it, they don't want the work of being a parent and loving that child as the individual. Or, they try to project all their failures and shortcomings on their kid, and make them the perfect person that no one can be...
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
      This wording....I see this a lot--in fathers with their son's as well. And in mothers with their sons, and fathers with daughters, though those seem to be less often.

I call it puppy syndrome. Like....puppies are cute and cuddly, but also work. And its easy to bring a puppy home, but its harder to care for it everyday. People do this with relationships too--they don't want the world of being in a relationship--they want the idea of it, they don't want the work of being a parent and loving that child as the individual. Or, they try to project all their failures and shortcomings on their kid, and make them the perfect person that no one can be...
      Oh I wouldn't disagree at all that it occurs across the board and via various situations. I hate to say it but know I am guilty of it on occasions with my own son's though I tried to do as best I could which I think all of us probably fall into one time or another. Sometimes it's life (job, responsibility, accountability, etc) that gets in the way, other times I think it each of us as individuals that gets in the way of being a family, couple or relationship.

IN many ways I think very much a situation of Anima / Animus and projecting upon an outside person our own ills and hatreds.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Let me clear the air and all of assumptions going on in this thread.
        1. I know better then to continue dragging down a thread with personal jabs. It just gets threads locked. That's no fun.
        2. I stated MONSTER MADE A POINT. And yeah. I actually meant it. It was an odd aside and it became more interesting to me then whatever it was we were talking about to begin with.
        3. Being here long enough, people here know my situation with my mother and the long journey I went with her until her death last year. People who really know me, know that journey started out when I was very very young and my issues with her. So I actually wanted to see if my assumptions of mother/daughter relationships were more accurate then Monster's.
        4. I have never ever been passive aggressive. I'm aggressive aggressive.
        5. Let's be real here. That Thot dude and Monster? No need to remember their screen names. I just refer to them as Red Ensign #1 and #2. Just waiting to land on the planet. Well you know the rest.

Please continue with the topic of mother/daughter.

I want to add my relationship with my mother was mother/daughter but flipped. I pretty much raised myself morally and otherwise. I had to look after my mother as my daughter for many years. And the last few years I was raising a 13 year old fancy brat. And I miss her dearly.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

For anyone who has mother-daughter relationship issues but isn't posting here, there is/was a brilliant book called 'When you and your mother can't be friends.'

Even after all these years, it still opened my eyes to a lot of what was going on under the surface.

I don't so much miss my mother as feel deeply sorry for her. She missed out on so much fun.
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I had a pretty good relationship with my mother. She wasn't much of a disciplinarian, but she raised me with a pretty good head on my shoulders, and as I got older, trusted me to make my own decisions. My dad on the other hand, was a jerk to both of us. I'm sure that added to our relationship somewhat.
            A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe,' limited in time and space. He experiences himself...as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a prison for us... Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the of whole nature in its beauty...
            --Albert Einstein

Comment

I've (re)moved and retired off topic posts.
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

As a teenager I thought I hated my mother, like as if we could only have ONE soft drink a day, and only 2 hours of screen time? like, what a BITCH!

But then I grew up and realised my mum did really well by me. I consider myself a good person, and I can blame my mother for that.

Overall, we get along very well.
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment