X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stand your ground

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
    I have issues with the idea that warning shots fall under aggravated assault. Shooting at a wall near you instead of actually shooting at you should generally be interpreted as just about anything except an intent to cause severe injury or death. That's the whole point. If she'd been actively trying to shoot him and just sucked at using a gun, that'd possibly be something else but "I'm deliberately shooting a target other than you" should almost never equal "I'm trying to kill you". The fact the charge ever got to court in that fasion perturbs the hell out of me. Doubly so when Zimmerman didn't get charged till after massive public outcry. There are possibly other charges that might have been relevant based on circumstances but that one should never have been used.
    That's what I thought...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    What the hell! Why is this allowed?!? At least this guy is locked up, it is NOT OK to do that! Or it shouldn't be...
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
    X