X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toys from your childhood

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
    I'm not so sure I believe you! Thank though, that's definitely her! No wonder I couldn't find her, I was writing 'hair sprites cartoon'. The sprites were Rainbow Brite's little friends. Anway, I'm gonna watch this now...
    First thing I thought of was Rainbow Brite. The perils of having a little sister

Comment

I always had weird toys... one-offs, that kind of thing. My favorite was a large hard-rubber horse, only it had bat wings and sharp teeth. My dad would stuff firecrackers inside it so it would 'breathe fire' for me XD Another of my favorites had to have been from some kind of 'skeleton warriors' game or cartoon (but much earlier than the '93 cartoon series - it was late 70s/early 80s) - it was a skeletal horse with a flaming mane/tail, and it had a little hatch in its back for something to ride in. A lot of my toys came from bargain bins and thrift stores.

I also had Ryder monster movie models, a 3' tall articulated Godzilla, and sooooo many little plastic animals, army men and dinosaurs. I would set them all up on a card table, and invariably, someone would walk by and shake the table & holler 'Earthquake!!!'. Fun times, fun times.

I also found this site w/toys from the 80s:

http://www.inthe80s.com/toys/
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Barbies (and my brothers action men - and they had sex and wore bikini's and guns :P ), some teddy bears, WAAAY too much lego, and a large wooden rocking horse my daddy made me
        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
        Seen the desert and the birds
        You cut your hair short
        Like a shush to an insult
        The world had been yelling
        Since the day you were born
        Revolting with anger
        While it smiled like it was cute
        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Beanie babies. I had a collection of them. We used to go to the store like every couple weeks and pick up another one.
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
            Beanie babies. I had a collection of them. We used to go to the store like every couple weeks and pick up another one.
            I have some! I was an adult when they came out, but people would give me the bird ones as gifts since I like birds. I gave lots away to friends kids, but the turkey goes on my table at Thanksgiving! Also have a couple of the rabbits since I collect little rabbit figurines, etc.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I had a ton of Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony, Fisher Price and Care Bears toys. Also, a Barbie McD's.

Funny thing is, my mom saved all my toys, and my daughter would rather play with them than her own--especially the "remakes". Like, Fisher Price people these days are about 4 inches tall--mine are about 1/3 of their size. I'll have to take a pic later, its hilarious!
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

I can't remember the name of it, but I had this toy from the late 80s that was a blue hair-band rocker dude with a guitar, and when you played the radio, he danced around. I loved that thing.

I had a lot of barbies growing up, as well as lego. And a NES. But I think my all-time favourite toy was a little tiny stuffed bear named Peaches, who is peach-coloured, and still lives in my house in a box of keepsakes.

To be honest, I was a pretty poor kid. I didn't have a lot of toys, or things in general, but the stuff I did have, I really loved until it fell to pieces. I had this doll that wore a pink dress and had a plastic bow on her head that lit up when you pressed her heart. And a handmade doll my great-great grandma made for me when I was born.

Stuff like that.

Oh, and Lite-Brite. I'd still play with one of those.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                  I had this doll that wore a pink dress and had a plastic bow on her head that lit up when you pressed her heart.
                  Ooh, PJ Sparkles!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_mb6fiin5Se1r8knfuo1_400.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	351853

Comment

I found one!!! My evil pegasus toy! Well, almost. My evil winged horse had bat wings.

Too bad the guy selling it posted it back in 2009. There are a couple on eBay but one has no tail & the other looks like a less-well-done version.

Comment

I found another one! I had an Advanced Dungeons & Dragons skeleton horse:

(I ran across it when I started looking at fantasy toys on eBay )

Comment

I still have my old teddy bear. He sits on my bed. I'm old enough not to care what anyone else thinks about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                          what we are talking about toys from our childhood now? Oh my someone else is going to have to start doing that or I may embarrass myself....
                          I had a tin elephant on a bicycle.

Comment

I had a cabbage patch doll that you put the birth certificate in the water to determine the sex. Barbie that her hair changed colors with this foam shampoo. A christmas mouse in pjs i have been looking for another for ages etch a sketch. A dear diary. Tomagotchi and a nano pet. Furby. A kitty that sounded like it purred when you shake it. The monkey that could suck its fingers and thumb a wodden santa peg that would wiggle down till it got into the chimney. And troll dolls i love troll dols.i still love troll dolls

Comment

Originally posted by Ophidia View Post
                              Ooh, PJ Sparkles!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2023[/ATTACH]
                              I don't even remember you posting this, but holy shit. Yes. I still have her shoe in a box somewhere. I think I lost the doll ages ago though.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                              X