X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Supernatural (TV Show)

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
    Pagan-friendly as in not being afraid to dip into mythology. :P

If I remember right, the concept of demons is pre-christian? I'm not big on paganesque debates, so whatever. ^^ Still, there were faeries!!! And changelings and wendigo and... *daydreams of breaking out season 1 box set tomorrow*
    They dip into mythology plenty after they bring in Angels.... Faeries and Dragons and more.

And the Demons in Supernatural are Abrahamic Demons, not anything like Greek Daemons, and the concept of the as used is the Abrahamic/Cannanite one.
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

I mostly listen to it playing in the background when my husband's watching it - he's the fangirl in the house (fanboy?), lol.

I do have a favorite episode, though - the one with the wishing well. "Kneel before Todd!!!"

The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by WinterTraditions View Post
        When was Supernatural ever Pagan friendly? I think they killed like, 2 Pagan Gods in Season 1 alone xD That said, they're not that nice with Christian lore either, with the angels being complete douches most of the time.

There has always been a Christian overtone. Demon killed the mother, and their original goal was to track down this demon. It was to be expected that angels would come into the mix.
        Actually Kripke hadn't planned on ever having angels in the show, but the writer's strike made wrapping up season 3 difficult (and abrupt) and thus angels came into the picture.

I was cool with the angel thing for season 4 and 5, but then it started to get on my nerves. Seemed to just drone on and on.
        But going from the season finale, looks like there might be a whole lot more interesting things coming.
        Spoiler!
        Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many. -The Doctor

Comment

Dean is my fav character!
          "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
            And I'm sorry but I HAVE TO!

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha
            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
            Seen the desert and the birds
            You cut your hair short
            Like a shush to an insult
            The world had been yelling
            Since the day you were born
            Revolting with anger
            While it smiled like it was cute
            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Has this been posted yet? if not that is a great place to get some gifs
              Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many. -The Doctor

Comment

oh gods! "Loki"! <3
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Hurrhurr
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  Sneak Attack

Comment

Too many pics for this one but awesome!
                    Sneak Attack

Comment

Oh dear sweet gods! This thread just made my day
                      "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I had to track down the video of where WT got her sig pic from (where they dance).

BEHOLD! (at 2:21 minutes in):
                        Sneak Attack

Comment

Well crap, I guess missing this thread is what I get for not paying attention around here. I LOVE Supernatural! My parents have been getting me into Lost while I've gotten them into Supernatural - we watch both on Netflex pretty much every night. I too am a Castiel fan, he's a total badass, even when he's goofy. Out of the brothers, I'm a Dean fan...Sam is a twit and I'll never understand why we're supposed to believe Jared is more attractive than Jensen. Is it the long hair? The perpetually clueless expression on his face? Maybe I'm not meant to understand.

Anyway, the angels are my favorite part of the show. I work with angels in real life some times, Castiel is again a badass, and I like how it shows that even angels can have doubts and "dark sides."
                          Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                          -Erik Erikson

Comment

I need to play catch up!
                            "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Yesterday I watched 1st and 2nd episode of season 9 got a pirated copy will be watching the complete season 9 soon will get it in 2-3 days

Comment

I wonder if actors who work on shows/movies with supernatural or pagan themes become interested in the craft and if any even 'convert' to a pagan way of life?
                                My posts are generally sent from my cell fone. Please excuse my brevity, and spelling/grammar errors.

Comment

Working...
                                X