Family bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Family bed

I'm not a biological mother, but I've given up and let my reptiles sleep on me till I'm ready to knock out. Light naps where I won't flail around is fine, but when I get to sleeping I'm wild enough that my ex's have complained lol And yes reptiles pitch a fit when you put them into their cages.

With my reptiles I've feared smothering or neck breaking (even with the iguana that was my height in length and insistent on stealing half of the bed), I'm sure that the fear would be much increased with a child. I've slept with toddlers before, but I know infants would cause paranoia.
    -=Ex Ignorantia Ad Sapientiam; E Luce Ad Tenebras=-

My art and writing http://khaotyk-artwerx.tk/
    (whole site is marked adult, the adult and gore sections are in their own section so you can opt not to view them, adult and/or gore stories are marked with an *)

Comment

I'm considering wearing an iron breast plate to bed tonight. He intentionally finds my stomach with his feet and steps on it all night long! He's driving me nuts!

Comment

[quote author=Raphaeline link=topic=549.msg21122#msg21122 date=1291922197]
        I'm considering wearing an iron breast plate to bed tonight. He intentionally finds my stomach with his feet and steps on it all night long! He's driving me nuts!
        [/quote]

*hugs*

That's when mine get kicked out, into their own beds, where they can sleep upside down, mashed into the wall, falling off the edge, or whatever other crazy way kids can move around in the night.
        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

My boss at work has 5 little ones at home ... Ages one to 7 I think ... She has them each assigned a spot on the floor beside her bed .. That way they get the company but she still has her bed to herself ... Except for her b/f that is ...
          I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I am typing this from the family bed with my squishy newborn stuck to my boob. I love waking up to her smile and her sweet breath. My elder daughter slept with us until she was 2 1/2 when we gave her a bedroom without any obligation to ever sleep in it. She mostly sleeps there but will often appear for a snuggle sometime in the night.

I was assured by many people that cosleeping would result in no sex life, but my newborn's existence happily douses that argument.

Comment

I am not a mother, so I suppose you can temper anything I say with that in mind.

I would think that for the first few years, having kids in your bed would be kinda normal, even if it wasn't every night all the time. But as a person who enjoys her space I think it would drive me batshitcrazy to share a bed with any more than one person, and even THAT drives me crazy.

However, my friend has 4 kids (17, 16, 13, 12) and I visit her when I am home A LOT. They have somewhat of a family bed, in that there's no such thing as no kids on the bed, or any nonsense like that. When they watch a movie they all pile on and make it work. Its actually pretty awesome. ^_^
              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Working...
              X