PF UK/European Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PF UK/European Meet

So, looking in the other thread, I saw a fair bit of interest for a European meet or a UK meet...
    Who's in?

I think we'd have to find somewhere pretty easy to get to, and pretty central because Europe is a big place.

If not Europe, then how about a UK meet? I can get to pretty much anywhere with notice and could possibly combine it with one of the Viking shows/Medieval Fairs that I know of which would mean camping, a fire and mead. It's also be family friendly.
    Me! Me! Me! I can get anywhere reasonably well
    0%
    Me! Me! But Only in the UK
    0%
    Me! Me! Me! But only in Europe
    0%

Re: PF UK/European Meet

I realize I'm not European, but pending when you did it, I might be able to go. I've been meaning to head back to the UK to visit Jamie again (has it really been two years since the last time?) ...but at this point in time, I can't actually confirm that.

Basically, if you plan something concrete, maybe I would show up, pending time/money/flights/the impeding apocalypse/season/etc.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

Basically, if you plan something concrete, maybe I would show up, pending time/money/flights/the impeding apocalypse/season/etc.
      Those are my conditions for the US meet XD

Comment

http://theheathenstudyclub.proboards.com/

Comment

I would love to attend such a meet but it would depend on where and when it was as well as whether my arthritis is behaving or not at the time.

If we did the thing in Gotland I would likely be able to come since I live in Denmark.
          Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Well i would cirtainly be able to attend a europe one easier than one in the states and defo more so if it was in the UK. If there enough interest id happily helo with the organising

Comment

The only trouble for me with the festival in Gotland, is that its the first two weeks in august, travel prices from the UK are going to be extortionate (flights prices triple in july and august because of the School holidays). If we book far enough in advance I'm sure we can manage it.

I definitely think if anything is going to be happening in Europe it'll have to be next year

Comment

How about a UK one for the time being then i know that there is atleast 4 of us "relatively" close to each other, you, me, jembru and quetzal and im sure there are others

Comment

Originally posted by Kahlenda View Post
                  How about a UK one for the time being then i know that there is at least 4 of us "relatively" close to each other, you, me, jembru and quetzal and im sure there are others
                  With the UK being relatively small, and the trains and coaches being relatively decent, I don't suppose it matters where we do a UK meet. There's also FantasyWitch in Scotland, Tylluan in Wales. And plenty more all over. If a UK meet was to happen relatively soon, it'd have to be a weekend, and depending on where we go, I'd be happy to drive, if people can make their way to Sheffield, or I happen to be passing nearby on the way to the meet.

However, I would like to see how much interest we get for a Euro meet first, because I know we have a few members in Germany, Denmark, Finland etc too, before we decide on just a UK meet

Comment

Aye Aye boss,

Comment

SOOO I'm from Australia, but next Christmas/New Year (2014-15) I will be flying into Vienna, heading to Munich for a week, a few days in Frankfurt, then Switzerland for around to weeks. Total of up to 5 weeks at that time of year.

PLEASE DO IT THEN!!!!!!!!! Or another one, or WHATEVER!

PLEEEEEAAAASSSEEEE

haha
                      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                      Seen the desert and the birds
                      You cut your hair short
                      Like a shush to an insult
                      The world had been yelling
                      Since the day you were born
                      Revolting with anger
                      While it smiled like it was cute
                      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

or you could just invite us all over to your house :P

Comment

If you guys are meeting in the UK somewhere I can get to, at a time I can go I would be interested in coming.
                          You can find some of my creative writing at http://libbyscribbles.com

Comment

OMG I would LOVE to go! I can probably get to the UK easier and cheaper than anywhere else in Europe (outside of Germany, of course). However, it depends on how my finances are doing at the time.

If anyone -can- get to Germany, there are a few medieval/renaissance festivals in the country, and some are close to major cities. Otherwise, I'm happy to travel. I'll do my research here though, since it could be an accessible/affordable option (not just for me...we're a cheaper country compared to some and transport links are good!)
                            Last edited by DanieMarie; 06 Aug 2013, 10:19.

Comment

Maythe:
                              If we have a UK Meet, I imagine it'll be somewhere as central as possible. I don't mind picking people up from train stations/bus stations near me, so anywhere in South Yorkshire, possibly Manchester or Leeds, if those are easy/cheapish places to get to. But also in terms of a UK meet, if the place we hold it is fairly close to a train station, I don't mind doing runs out to that station to transport people and their belongings to the campsite.

Danie: I would love for the meet to be in Germany, if not, I'm planning a trip to Germany soon anyways XD

Comment

Working...
                              X