jewelry crafting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: jewelry crafting

yes! thats true! I have tons of sketches, and only some masterpieces!
    sigpic

Comment

Hello all.
      I found this thread whilst browsing the internet. I am just getting into jewelery making and i'm trying to use my creative genius to make some extra cash so I can put new tires on my truck. yay.

This thread seems old but what the hey. I'd love to see some things you all have created.

Comment

Ok ... You asked for it ... Now if I can only remember how to post pics ...

Here fishy fishy ...

Scales from armor kit ...

Fun with links ...

Rainbow ...

All American ...

My blue period ...

Halloween ...

That should do ya for a bit ... The crystals are Swarovskis ...
        I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I love-love-love jewelry making. Right now I mostly work with beads, wire, and such, until I can set something up at my uncle's place to play around with metal. Plus, in April I'm starting a glass blowing apprenticeship, so I can add some glasswork to the mix of jewelry I make. I take some orders, but it's mostly all through word-of-mouth, because I'm in the process of moving and who knows what'll happen when I have to pack up my jewelry supplies.

I have pictures, but I need to upload them off my camera. Maybe later I shall post them.

And maguskinx, I LOVE your Halloween bracelet. Everything else is beautiful too, but the design of that one... awesome.

Comment

You know I tried to post pics and link and that just didn't work at all but if it suits you, you can visit my store on Etsy (JAKRabbitry)
            OR if you google 'JAKRabbitry'' you should come across my other website for chickens and rabbits.

If you like chickens and rabbits I suppose.

Comment

[quote author=RABBIT link=topic=555.msg27438#msg27438 date=1294461937]

If you like chickens and rabbits I suppose.
              [/quote]I have had rabbit and chicken bar b qued on the same grill with the same sauce and they do NOT taste the same ...
              I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

[quote author=magusjinx link=topic=555.msg27564#msg27564 date=1294542826]
                I have had rabbit and chicken bar b qued on the same grill with the same sauce and they do NOT taste the same ...
                [/quote]

LOL!

very nice jewellery, I especially like the fishy earrings
                What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

[quote author=magusjinx link=topic=555.msg27564#msg27564 date=1294542826]
                  I have had rabbit and chicken bar b qued on the same grill with the same sauce and they do NOT taste the same ...
                  [/quote]

Well I suppose that makes sense.... one being poultry and the other....what is rabbit considered? Just red meat? Rabbit also has pretty much no fat on it.

Comment

Now that we have derailed this thread ...

Who does chain maille? ...

Comment

Love the chain maille earrings majus
                      You can find some of my creative writing at http://libbyscribbles.com

Comment

[quote author=magusjinx link=topic=555.msg27760#msg27760 date=1294623087]
                        Who does chain maille? ...
                        [/quote]

I've just spent two days teaching kids how to do chain maille...

I'm about ready to chain myself in a box and mail myself to Ethiopia...

In my nightmares I see people holding snarled gobs of twisted metal up and screaming "Mr. Corbin! Mr. Corbin! Where did I goof up? Can you fix this for me?"

There's a good reason why teacher's aren't allowed to carry guns in school... (except in Texas).
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I think I will stay with the simple flat Japanese patterns ...

Comment

I do some stringing and playing with beads. My best stuff is my own, but I've debated about putting it into my etsy shop. I also made some guitar pick necklaces as inspired by my daughter. Time is really the issue since I teach the kids at home. Well, and space. Right now 'mom's workspace' is really just sort of a dumping ground.

Comment

Working...
                            X