Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What anime series are you currently watching?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What anime series are you currently watching?

I've been watching Yu Yu Hakusho, Samurai 7, and Fairy Tail.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Madlax. Just finished watching it last week. I love the characters and the music. Also currently watching El Cazador De La Bruja.
      Started watching Corpse Princess up to episode 8 and I am really enjoying it. Plan to watch all the episodes.
      -Jessica [aka Whitewolf]

Comment

I don't watch them properly, but I catch bits of the shows my partner watches. He has seen countless series. He's currently catching up with Gintama, because he's fallen behind, and every Sunday morning, without fail, he watches the latest yugioh episode when it airs on Japanese TV. This is one of the few anime I can follow well without subs, because JP has taught me all of the subject-specific vocabulary I need. Usually, especially with something like gintama, there's just too much obscure language for me.

Last weekend, we met a really nice guy who'd just returned from a year studying in Japan. He and JP have decided it's their mission to get me hooked on anime. They want me to watch one, I forget the name, that is about an after school club for nerds.. I, erm... Can't wait... ^^
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I live in a Dragon Ball Z household so it is probably a series I see most of, although I am not the one actively putting on the DVD.
          My posts are generally sent from my cell fone. Please excuse my brevity, and spelling/grammar errors.

Comment

Started watching old episodes of Doraemon. It's completely bat-sht. JP and I got too curious after we couldn't stop singing the Ken Tanaka song 'Dokodemo world'. Our Japanese friends always speak so fondly of series like Doraemon and Chibi Marukochan, that they grew up with, so we couldn't help but be curious.

It's just so crazy. Most episodes have some kind of time travel or magic or whatever in them, and sometimes keeping up with the time shifts is a nightmare. We also couldn't find it with English subs, and while it's usually the case that if I missed something, JP caught it or vice versa, there are some episodes that are so off-the-wall, that neither of us can fully grasp what the heck is going on. Sometimes I feel like my brain has just been violently assaulted after watching this show. ^^
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I'm into Inuyasha, Cowboy Bebop, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Ronin Warriors (an old anime), and Naruto.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

attack on titan and yuru yuri!

Comment

Started watching the new Pokemon series when it aired in Japan last week. It gave me such a nostalgic feeling that I think I'll be following this one all the way though. I found out that it is being aired in the US in English, but I think I'll stick to the Japanese version. I'm just about able to follow it without subs, so I think it should be awesome listening practice. I usually can't follow anime very well at all, but this is more familiar language for me because JP and I speak to one another in Japanese while playing the card game, and I'm playing the new game with the language set to Japanese. It's nice though, it lets me see how it would feel if I ever were fully fluent and could follow everything I watched in Japanese! Well, when I say I understand it, I meant besides who all the pokemon are. I know like, all the first generation, some of the second generation and then just the ones I use when playing the card game after that. So there are hundreds I've missed!

I was so excited to see that Satoshi has actually aged slightly.. about bloomin' time.. so many series, so many battles and not a single slice of birthday cake.. poor kid! LOL

Comment

I am watching "Fairy Tail"
                    Martina Harrison

Comment

Steins;Gate, it went to my top ten favourites by episode four. Top five overall.

J. Michael Tatum is a god among men, the show has easily one of the best dubs ever. If that's your thing.
                      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Kill la Kill. ^^

Comment

Space Dandy (on Adult Swim).So far I am loving this anime.
                          -Jessica [aka Whitewolf]

Comment

I recently watched a fairly new one called Arpeggio of Blue Steel Ars Nova. It was one of the better animes from last season
                            Click Meh!!

Comment

Working...
                            X