Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Homo Rant (lol)

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
    I wonder if that all depends on where the person is from and how homosexuality is accepted there?
    Interesting idea. My town is indeed very liberal in a lot of areas.

Then again, it could also just be my town, where appearance is everything (seriously, we're a tourist town, you have no idea how hard our Victorian era connection is playing up) so you'd have to be all prim and proper to a person's face, but once you're online.....
    "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Ohhhh, I know. I think I may have lived in your town, judging from the description and your location!

Comment

Ohhhh, I know. I think I may have lived in your town, judging from the description and your location!
        Good old Victoria? :P

Comment

There is only one thing I hate about gay men...

They're better at attracting women than I am and they aren't even interested. :P

My sense of humor is lame some times.
          Last edited by Riothamus12; 17 Aug 2013, 14:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Vigdisdotter View Post
            Good old Victoria? :P

Yep! I went to UVic for a year.

Comment

Yep! I went to UVic for a year.
              Nice! Where you around for the Temple of the Lady mess?

Comment

Nice! Where you around for the Temple of the Lady mess?
                I don't think so. I moved there from up-island 11 years ago, and only stayed a year. I lived in Nanaimo for 2 years and visited frequently, but I moved to Germany in 2005, so I'm not so up-to-date on happenings there and I'm kind of foggy on stuff that happened while I was around there. What happened?

Comment

I don't think so. I moved there from up-island 11 years ago, and only stayed a year. I lived in Nanaimo for 2 years and visited frequently, but I moved to Germany in 2005, so I'm not so up-to-date on happenings there and I'm kind of foggy on stuff that happened while I was around there. What happened?
                  11 years ago? Yeah, you missed it by about.... Four years? ToL was the main pagan group in the south island. It then branched over to the mainland. Politics were had, egos clashed, power plays were made and it imploded very messily which resulted in broken trust and a lot of people were hurt in the process. And yes there was a LOT more nastiness found on the mailing list then in person, not to mention behind-the-scenes wheeling and dealing. The end result is that people in Vic are now VERY cautious and insolure.

Comment

I know this is a bit off topic,but at the mention of this group and the negative way it ended reminded me of my own involvement in a group. I seldom join any groups but there was a group in San Francisco that formed to help fight the problem of homelessness. Great cause but it turned negative when two people began a fight for control of the group. The cause was lost in the fighting and such. From that time I will never become involved with any other group.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                      I know this is a bit off topic,but at the mention of this group and the negative way it ended reminded me of my own involvement in a group. I seldom join any groups but there was a group in San Francisco that formed to help fight the problem of homelessness. Great cause but it turned negative when two people began a fight for control of the group. The cause was lost in the fighting and such. From that time I will never become involved with any other group.
                      Might need to make this it's own topic, though this thread was already off topic with all the boobie talk.

I run my own group now. I basically started it as a refuge from all that nonsense. We have a high turnover rate as people come and go, but I think it does the job which is to introduce people to the community and help them make contacts. And I have this thing about being stubborn in the face of stupidity (and yes I think being insular--as justified as it is--is pretty stupid, especially when it results in shutting out honest seekers).

It's just depressing that people have this need to be two faced. I've never understood that one. I say nothing online that I will not say to a person's face.

Comment

I've found it to be the other way around, myself. And not just about homosexuality. People will be sweet as pie to your face, but then when they get on their computer the ignorant vitriol is positively toxic.
                        Oh man I think I would hate that even more. Cannot stand the fakeness of people.

I wonder if that all depends on where the person is from and how homosexuality is accepted there? Most people are more candid and more willing to express their true beliefs online. Maybe the homophobes in liberal areas show their true colors online, and the people who live in conservative areas go along with the crowd in their hometowns, but show support for gay rights online. Just a theory though.

And then there are the trolls...lol.
                        This is true, I have realised how conservative Perth is. People always stare at my gf over here because she "looks gay", sometimes they smirk as well. We went to Sydney (got back a few days ago) and no one gave her a second glance, even when we were holding hands and stuff it was awesome. No one cared.
                        There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
                        William Wordsworth

Comment

Perth is way over there in the West, what do you expect :P Adelaide is getting better. I suppose it's slowly creeping west! haha
                          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                          Seen the desert and the birds
                          You cut your hair short
                          Like a shush to an insult
                          The world had been yelling
                          Since the day you were born
                          Revolting with anger
                          While it smiled like it was cute
                          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                            Perth is way over there in the West, what do you expect :P Adelaide is getting better. I suppose it's slowly creeping west! haha
                            I hope it starts to creep faster lol
                            There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
                            William Wordsworth

Comment

I'm still working on myself, sometimes there are homosexuals I can't stand and my mind immediately jumps to "Its because hes gay." automatically. But then my voice of reason kicks in, and if this guy were straight I just wouldn't be able to stand him because he is an obnoxious asshole, the gay part doesn't even matter. So I'm still working on getting rid of old habits I have from living in a very small completely non diverse conservative Christian town.

Every time I have any negative thoughts about homosexuality or those who fall under the category, I just listen to this song and it makes me feel guilty because I realize how dumb I am sometimes.

So yeah, slowly but surely moving out of the past.
                              White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                              sigpic
                              In Days of yore,
                              From Britain's shore
                              Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                              And planted firm Britannia's flag
                              On Canada's fair domain.
                              Here may it wave,
                              Our boast, our pride
                              And joined in love together,
                              The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                              The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I am a guiltless homophobic homo. (I guess this makes me a Starburst too)

My biggest issues with the LGBT community are:
                                -people who throw being gay in others' faces or as I like to call them fairies

-promiscuous gays that further stereotypes and damage the emotions of perfectly functioning individuals

-whisleblowing gays that find homophobia in every situation

I'm a very low key person when it comes to my orientation. You honestly wouldn't know unless I told you. This has worked to my benefit and detriment over the years. It's been extremely beneficial in a lot of social situation where being openly gay would cause a negative reaction. I've managed to dodge a lot of bullying and drama by not screaming it from the roof tops. On the other hand I've found that not appearing to be gay keeps you from finding other gays to date. This may seem really obvious but I didn't understand this concept until about a year ago. So here I am stuck somewhere between my hetero appearance and my homo desires.

Now that I've finished with my soap box I'd like to rant about fairies.

There was this guy I knew is high school. We'll just call him Connor. Well Connor liked to post lots and lots of gay stuff on his social media to get attention. He would post pictures of guys making out rants about how great it is to be gay and what not. He even proclaimed himself poster child of my high schools moderate sized LGBT community. Connor's arrogance truly knew no bounds. To make things even worse he was a crap starter. He enjoyed causing as much drama and chaos as he could and then quickly crying homophobia when things took a wrong turn. I remember he even tried to convince a very heterosexual jock to have sex with him. Unfortunately Connor's shenanigans gave all of us a very bad reputation. I and a few of my friends called Connor out on Facebook hoping to embarrass him and make him stop before he got us all run out of town. He and his ex boyfriend promptly told us all that we were self hating gays and that our opinions didn't matter. I basically told him to do some rude things to himself with a cactus before explaining that that kind of behavior is counterproductive to LGBT community. If we want equal rights we have to show that we are equal. I've never seen a hetero guy post some of the things he did or try some of things he did. So why the heck should a homo guy do that stuff? It's just illogical for a minority fighting for equality to separate themselves from society by proving negative stereotypes correct. What's even more illogical is saying that that kind of behavior is a positive form of pride. Pride in who you are isn't throwing it in everyone's face or announcing it every five seconds. Pride in who you are is being comfortable with yourself. True self acceptance isn't something that needs reinforcing with Facebook posts and parades. It's something that is silent private and peaceful.

Comment

Working...
                                X