That was odd...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was odd...

We had just gotten back from a weekend with K'Roe's relatives. I got up to get a drink of water before falling asleep in front of the T.V., when suddenly the view changed. I was looking up at the ceiling...

It started in the kitchen & changed like a slideshow between moving toward the bedroom ceiling, and my wife frantically calling 911.

The next thing I rememeber is laying on the bedroom floor, returning to licidity.

EMS is on the way, but I feel pretty good & get up and move to the couch to wait. In troops two groups - one of three guys & a woman (who was a student in 9th grade), and one two guys in uniform (one of whom was also a former 9th grade student) - who commence to connect me to every monitor & machine ever shown in a Frankensein movie.

They have trouble locating my pulse, and K'Roe figures I'm dead, but I fool her. My blood pressure is way low, too - what my former student described as "life threateningly low."

Suddenly, I forget where I am supposed to be, and wander of to La La Land. I return to discover (much to my surprise) that I am strapped down like Major Tom, and wired into a red van, on my way to the Sacred Shrine of Healing & Billing.

I got two bags of juice in the arm (former student picked a HUGE gauge needle. I wonder if there's something I've forgotten...), blood squeezed out, fingers pricked, wired into more machines...

And forgotten for four hours - time I wisely used to snooze.

Then sent home because I no loner seemed to undergoing death and they couldn't figure out what else it might be that I might be undergoing. I had a follow up visit with my regular Dr., who also has no idea what it is.

Is does, however, tell me not to worry about it. He says:

"If it doesn't come back, you probobly won't die of it."
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: That was odd...

Dear gods, I'm so glad you are alright!
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Hope everything is ok & your blood pressure stays at its normal levels and your wife doesn't kill you for scaring her.

(We had that happen to one of our supervisors at work - her official diagnosis from her doctor was: "You fainted.")
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

"If it doesn't come back, you probobly won't die of it."
        Is it bad that I lol'ed at this? Thank you Captain Obvious, hehe.

On a more serious note: I'm so happy to hear you're doing ok now. (You are doing ok, right? You didn't actually say you were feeling better, lol)
        *manymanymanyhugs*
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I also lol'd.... Hope all is well now
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Yikes! Glad you're ok!

Comment

Be careful, glad your ok.

Comment

Holy shit!

Hoping you figure out what happened. Not much random people on the net can do(even if we've known you for a long time), but if there is, let us know.
                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Absolutely no dying! I forbid it.

(I'm so glad you're okay!)

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                    Absolutely no dying! I forbid it.

(I'm so glad you're okay!)
                    Normally, I'm not good at following orders, but, in this case (and only this!) I'll abide.

Thanks!
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Yeah, well. If it's all the same to you, I'm still worried sick.

Whatever that was, it was terrifying. Loss of consciousness and blood pressure? That is FAR too close to checking out, B. It is NOT check-out time, yet!!

Hmm. Not that I know when check out time is, I just know when it's not.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Hey hey mister. No dying around here! I go first!
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Sorry Duce,no cutting in line.
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

This reminds me...

Mr. Corbin? Do you think you'll be making it out to Minnesota, next year (the Get Together)? For the Kool Aid, at least.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

No need to be worried - it looks like it was one of those transient things that happen, then don't, and never really gets explained.

I am hoping to go to the get together - it sounds like more fun than I've had in a long time!

Comment

Working...
                              X