Greatest fears.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Greatest fears.

My second worst fear is also having someone very close to me die.
    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

I know I mentioned spiders, but i think my very worst fear of all is just being left alone. Everyone I care about will leave/ die/ go away and I will be alone...
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
        Going blind.
        Because one day, I will.
        I was diagnosed with glaucoma at age 34, which is very rare. I have some vision loss and can't really drive at night.....but it progresses very slowly. None of the eyedrops worked for me. I have high blood pressure too; some studies indicate a correlation between the two, which kind of makes sense - pressure is pressure, no matter where it is. I worried about it a lot back then but not so much now. I don't know why, but it's no longer on my "fear" list. I'm now 56 and it hasn't progressed much.
        Or maybe I'm just plain in denial!
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I started wearing glasses at age 8,and after a bit you do get used to them. At age 66 Glasses it seems the norm for all. Growing up wearing glasses gets you the "Four eyes" thing,but because I was actually fairly intelligent I kind of fit the stereotype. I also fear losing my eyesight but they seem ok for now. My friend just found out he has the beginnings of cataracts,and is looking at surgery for them. They did catch it early so it should be a simple laser thing. Over all he has had over 15 surgery's for many different things. Spinal,hip replacement,knee surgery and on and on. He is a year younger than me,but so far I have avoided that path. And I fear most of all,being the last of my friends to die.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
            Going blind.
            Because one day, I will.
            I'm already going blind. My eyesight now, at 22, is as bad as my mums is currently at 52. And it is t slowing down. Every gear my prescription progresses around .15 to .25. I'm desperate for laser surgery. I hate wearing glasses and contacts (I hate glasses more). But ill probably be 30 before it settles down enough to have the surgery. Also one day mum took me to an ophthalmologist, and I had no idea why. Turns out I have a 1 in 5 chance of my retina trying to pop off of my eye balls. Just casually.
            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
            Seen the desert and the birds
            You cut your hair short
            Like a shush to an insult
            The world had been yelling
            Since the day you were born
            Revolting with anger
            While it smiled like it was cute
            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Quin7900 View Post
              My second worst fear is also having someone very close to me die.
              It's a common fear. Almost everyone has it.
              To be honest, I have it as well.
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                I've had enough scares with this, like my mom supposedly being fairly close to her death bed, that for some reason, it doesn't really frighten me anymore. Conditioning. Also, I'd say I'm not really afraid of it because I do believe there's something more out there after this life and we're all working toward a better place. So I guess I believe that my dear ones will be looked after in the afterlife.
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                  I've had enough scares with this, like my mom supposedly being fairly close to her death bed, that for some reason, it doesn't really frighten me anymore. Conditioning. Also, I'd say I'm not really afraid of it because I do believe there's something more out there after this life and we're all working toward a better place. So I guess I believe that my dear ones will be looked after in the afterlife.
                  I believe in afterlife, too. But I am a bit afraid to pass from this life to another, to a different world.
                  "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                    I was about to say once you lose a few people, you get used to it. But I forget sometimes that my personality disorder doesn't give me attachment issues, so maybe it's different for me.

There's really nothing to fear, though. Time heals, it truly does.
                    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I had wondered about this Perz,when my family members died I did not morn. I miss them but no mourning. It bothered me about that,but you are who you are. I see other people that mourn like crazy,and it is hard for me to understand. Perhaps I to have a personality disorder. It is not that I don't feel emotions,I just do not mourn.
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                        I had wondered about this Perz,when my family members died I did not morn. I miss them but no mourning. It bothered me about that,but you are who you are. I see other people that mourn like crazy,and it is hard for me to understand. Perhaps I to have a personality disorder. It is not that I don't feel emotions,I just do not mourn.
                        Emotions aren't the same for everyone, and time doesn't move at the same pace. I know some people who are still acutely grieving for people they lost years and years ago, and others who mourn softly for a few months. However a person grieves or mourns is their personal experience - I don't think there's a chart you can measure yourself against to say 'this is normal, this is abnormal'. And I definitely can't judge other people by myself because everything is skewed by my mental issues, lol.

My parents had me later in life, and most of my extended family was already elderly and in hospitals or nursing homes. One of my earliest memories is going to a funeral. Death was (and still is) just something that just happens, and it's not unexpected or surprising when it does.
                        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Here's another one, being stalked. Dear Gods being stalked.

Comment

I am afraid that I will make a decision that will unintentionally bring harm to one or more other people.

As for the loss of eyesight that so many addressed here -- I got my first pair of glasses at age 10 and my eyes got progressively worse from there. Without glasses I am legally blind, so first I had the weird vision thing earlier this year and then things began to look blurry. After about a decade of reasonably stable vision it was disheartening to accept that things were getting worse again, but when I got my eyes checked it turned out that my vision had gotten better. Things looked blurry because my prescription is too strong now. I was stunned and grateful. Anyway, the point is that things can turn around even when not expected.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

I agree. And sometimes, they happen at the less expected moment
                              I am glad that your eyesight became better

Comment

[QUOTE=nbdy;113213]I am afraid that I will make a decision that will unintentionally bring harm to one or more other people.[QUOTE]

I think I fear this too.

Comment

Working...
                                X