This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Doctor Who 50th Anniversary 8D!

Did you guys watch the anniversary episode yet?
    Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

Well I won't be able to watch it, till it comes out on Netflix.

Comment

I did! It was awesome !!!
        hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Soooo, thoughts? Also, do we have to start calling Eleven Twelve now? xD

Comment

I really liked it! John Hurt was great as the Doctor, and I wish he had his own series of episodes now. I was really pleased it managed to celebrate the history of the how and be fun without getting bogged down in fanwank. I'm very excited about the end, and the direction next season will take!!!

- - - Updated - - -

and I'm going to be calling Hurt's Doc 8.5. Keeps things easier :P

Comment

My favourite Doctor of all time had to be Tom Baker.... the one with the scarf. Brilliant actor. Should have been dumbledore in the Harry Potter films IMHO - remember him in Nicholas and Alexandra as Rasputin???
              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                My favourite Doctor of all time had to be Tom Baker.... the one with the scarf. Brilliant actor. Should have been dumbledore in the Harry Potter films IMHO - remember him in Nicholas and Alexandra as Rasputin???
                I do remember him in that! And in the BBC Narnia adaptation of the Silver Chair ^_^

My favorite has always been Patrick Troughton, #2, the one with the recorder

oh and SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
                Tom Baker makes a brilliant Cameo in the Day of the Doctor!!!

Comment

I LOVED day of the doctor it was so great!
                  my favourite doctor is 8. he has such great companions (charley and mary shelley holy crap) and he's so exciteable and awesome and doctory. chimes of midnight was one of my favourite who stories ever

Comment

It was awesome. When Ten said 'I don't want to go', I just about wept.

And John Hurt! When I got over hearing the dragon from Merlin, he was so much fun.

Comment

Dragon from Merlin? Ha! I was waiting to see Big Brother burst out of his chest in parliament xD

Seriously though, Tennant is still my favourite Doctor, but if we had gotten a full season of Hurt, that most definitely would have changed. This episode was amazing for me, just to see Tennant again, but the 13 Doctors at Gallifrey, and glimpsing Capaldi the first time, ARRRRGH!!! It was so brilliant!!!

Comment

My only problem with Tennant comes from the time he played a gender changing barmaid in an episode of Rab C. Nesbitt. He was bloody brilliant. But ever since I've been waiting for someone to sigh, 'Oooh Davinah!!!' from the sidelines and then run screaming out of a cupboard.

http://youtu.be/kmJGjSa-jH4 especially from 2:33

You see my problem.
                        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Oh dear sweat GODS!!!! I shall never look at Tennant that same way again! Hehehehehe :P
                          "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
                            Fish fingers and custard! You know, I kept saying I was going to try that, and never did... I guess I know my 50th snack !
                            I despise fish, especially fish fingers, but when my husband threw my surprise birthday party that was Doctor Who themed, he served fish fingers and custard and it looked truly disgusting... but everyone but me gave it a try They said it was weird, but not bad.

Originally posted by Optimistic discord View Post
                            Hopefully it will be ok, I've found some of the recent scripts and story lines to be quite poor over the last few series. I was really suprised at how poor I thought Neil Gaiman's episode was I love his work but that episode was just derivative trash
                            I couldn't possibly disagree more. "The Doctor's Wife" was absolutely wonderful, SO Gaiman, and I was absolutely overjoyed that he was the one to give the TARDIS her voice.

Originally posted by Quetzal View Post
                            Soooo, thoughts? Also, do we have to start calling Eleven Twelve now? xD
                            I've heard that the fandom is calling him 8.5 or the War Doctor. I think it's only fair, considering how awesome John Hurt's Doctor was, that we just renumber them, but I'm alright with calling him the War Doctor. I wish we could see more of him.

AAAAAaaanyway, I saw it at a 3D screening last night and it was INCREDIBLE! Seriously, seeing the intense Peter Capaldi shot was the GREATEST. I basically screamed out right there in the theater. I intend to watch it again tonight, although I'm going to miss the 3D. It made for a really awesome experience.

Comment

Couple of days late, but what did everyone think of the Christmas special?

Comment

I loved it! Only complaint: WAY too short. Way too short. But I loved both the answers to all the questions, as well as the story of the Doctor settling down to protect a planet as he did... It was moving and funny. A good end.

Comment

Working...
                                X