This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Malevolent Spirit/ Ghost Haunting

Another possibility is that the entity is connected with the living. That's also why I would advise being wary of banishing it at this stage. Mr Penry has very strong mediumistic abilities and I remember once in a hospital he picked up on this young child whose energy was extremely mischievous. It turned out to be a previous occupant, who was very much alive and well but absolutely buzzing with energy.

Years ago, ghosts were often pacified with something called a ‘husher.’ A piece of shiny metal was placed in a box concealed in the room where the ghost was most active. The idea was that the ghost would happily occupy itself playing with the husher and become so engrossed in this that it would forget to frighten the living!

In the ancient world, people would share a symbolic meal with a ghost in an attempt to make peace. Certain foods such as honey dissolved in milk, wine, water barley and olive oil were believed to be particularly acceptable offerings, although there is no real reason why you shouldn’t offer other types of food. You then invite the ghost to share the meal. If you really don’t feel comfortable with doing this, then just leave the food as an offering instead. Explain – before you even offer the food - that afterwards it must not trouble you any longer and should cease its activities.

Before setting out the meal it was traditional to make a doll of the same gender as the ghost. If the gender was unknown then two dolls, one male and one female were made. These were set down at the meal to represent the ghost, treated as though they were alive, and afterwards taken to a beautiful spot and left there. This was a symbolic ‘setting free’ and not abandonment, and the words you use should reflect this. Just keep it simple. Before the meal tell them what you are going to do, ‘We will share this meal together and I will set you free.’ Then when you are about to leave them, ‘I honour you with food and freedom. You are now free, may the gods bless you, keep you safe and may they lead you back to your family.’

All just suggestions, of course, but I hope that something will be helpful.
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by LadyDorothy View Post
      My college is built in a church village, and people used to live there all of their lives. Not to mention we're next to one of the biggest cemeteries in the US. But, so far 4 people have come into the room to try to deal with this ghost and we all think that its a 12 yer old girl, who is just causing issues for the fun of it.
      contrary to popular belief cemeteries almost never are the abodes of intelligent dead who are intentionally staying there. However it is an area where death essence will congregate (associated with the corpses and the actual act of decomposition) which can manifest itself or attract other inhuman things (which are usually harmless). Why would a spirit stick around it's skeleton? A corpse and a spirit will still be connected of course but they become pretty distinct some time after death. The point is pretty moot however since it's basically comparing vermilion paint to red paint.

[quote]My theory is that shes a little girl who died either near or in the dorm years ago (the building is about 200 years old), and when I read my tarot cards they said that she is tied to Sydney (one of girls living in the room that's having the most issues with her) because of how Sydney looks. That's the most I got out of it.
      Maybe she likes to play tricks on her big sister? Maybe she reminds her of someone she knew or maybe she likes her, or maybe she just likes the way her energy tastes/feels, maybe she's fun to mess with
      Anybody have any banishing spells or the like?
      The lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram (google search it) is considered the standard banishing ritual by a lot of people. Personally I like to invoke Sekhmet when I feel an entity really needs to back off(my primary goddess is Het-Heret) who when given enough incentive is more than happy to utterly obliterate any harmful spirit. Your personal gods, if they have protective or purifying aspects, should work well.

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
      why the fuck is a 12 year old girl in a college dormitory?
      This is a valid point. It's my thinking that the girl was wandering around and happened to like the building or the people. After all a college dorm is sure to have plenty of people to mess with and what kid doesn't love that.
      Circe

Comment

Ghost or not, brats should be treated as such.

I'd just suck her in, recycle her and spit her back out. Ghosts hate that and tend to avoid people that do it. It's the energetic equivalent of giving her a spanking.
        "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I thought I was the only one who did that.

Comment

Working...
          X