Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halloween Costume Ideas

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
    OH, you could go as Melisandre from Game of Thrones and get a long red wig, wear flesh colored tights and tank top, then a kick ass black medieval robe and go around "flashing" people, and telling them their inner fires are burning low. Anyone who has seen it should get the reference if the wig and robe are well done. You could even get some fabric paint and paint on a black mass at the crotch of the tights but, you know, that might be too much for some.

Or, if you're looking for something less hilarious, go with what the ladies have suggested with mother earth. Just don't paint your belly -- it shouldn't be exposed in the end of October!

As for me, I've been tossing some ideas around in my head and am considering trying to get a good Daria costume, or going as Velma from Scooby Doo (again, and better).
    I'm not sure if I'm doing anything for Halloween, but if I do, I want to dress up like an ultra-hipster!

I'm going to get glasses from the thrift store and pop out the lenses, and skinny jeans, and a big sweater (I don't really need to buy much of this...) and put a moustache on my finger and wear my Toms. And I'm going to get an empty can of PBR and fill it with good tasting liquor (sorry pea, but I'm NOT drinking PBR )

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
      I'm not sure if I'm doing anything for Halloween, but if I do, I want to dress up like an ultra-hipster!

I'm going to get glasses from the thrift store and pop out the lenses, and skinny jeans, and a big sweater (I don't really need to buy much of this...) and put a moustache on my finger and wear my Toms. And I'm going to get an empty can of PBR and fill it with good tasting liquor (sorry pea, but I'm NOT drinking PBR )
      And I DO drink PBR! We make the perfect team -- you can just pour it into my mouth. :3
      No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Why not choose a regular costume, and then you'd be that person who also just happens to be pregnant?

Pregnant Beatrix Kiddo from Kill Bill. (Blood and Sword can be optional of course since you it's a work place)

Pregnant Alice or Jill from Resident Evil. You could go with any other video game character by the way (male or female).

Batman villains, like Catwoman or Poison Ivy who also just happen to be pregnant.

The possibilities are endless! Just think of a favorite character of yours, and then put a twist on it, they're pregnant!
        [4:82]

Comment

I'm sorry, I know you might've figured out what you were doing but this just came up on my facebook and I immediately thought of this thread

Click image for larger version

Name:	1385617_641587445864334_847966321_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	351978
          Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
          Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
          sigpic

Comment

My co worker is going as Persephone. Through an interesting conversation and misspoken word on my part got to the point where she suggested I be an intersex Hades. Now I'm not going to do that but King of the damned doesn't sound too bad. Plus it gives me an excuse to make a crown. I figure I can fashion it out of branches from the woods and paint it black. People tell me I act like royalty already so why not
            Circe

Comment

The Midwestern Witches Ball comes up in a couple of weeks, and I'm one of the big sponsors. This year the theme is Steampunk, and I'll be going as an airship pirate.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

In case anyone's curious how my costume turned out.. after finding what pieces I could to put it together:
                Attached Files
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                  In case anyone's curious how my costume turned out.. after finding what pieces I could to put it together:
                  It turned out great!!
                  hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Awwww! You too look awesome!
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

I wanted to do that when pregnant, but alas I was sick as a dog on Halloween that year.

Is it too late to post my costume?

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post

Is it too late to post my costume?
                        Better late than never!

And now: Better early than never!

Comment

Working...
                        X