X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colours in different religions today

Originally posted by Quetzal View Post
    I go the other way on that. White is the whole light spectrum, black is the absence of light. I don't consider any colours as symbolic of good or evil though. Black is void, just nothingness. White is the whole, complete. Then you have obvious ones like red symbolizing anger or violence, which again, is neither good nor evil unless it's attributed to a specific act.
    Black is also the color of objects that take in all wave lengths of light while white is the color of ones that reflect them.

Comment

Originally posted by Riothamus12 View Post
      Black is also the color of objects that take in all wave lengths of light while white is the color of ones that reflect them.
      A useful thing, it is. I start to like dark colours, and use them for different things.
      It's very useful if you don't want to be seen :cthulhu:
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Not sure if any color is particularly bad or good. They just are to me. Red can stand for anger, hate and violence but also love, sex and passion.

Comment

True. I think it depends on the culture one is referring to.
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

****deleted****
            Last edited by ThorsSon; 20 Mar 2014, 00:19. Reason: deleted
            "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Random musings from my own practice :

White: The underworld, mourning, sorrow, old age, removing impurities.

Red & White together: Healing.

Black: Wisdom, mystery, hidden things, Nav, protection.

Comment

Working...
              X