Reinstating the Chat Schedule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reinstating the Chat Schedule?

For those of you who don't remember, we used to have a weekly chat schedule, where once or twice a week, we hosted a topic in the chat room, and peeps came in and chatted about it. There used to be a Heathen specific chat, and a Herbal one (I think), as well as an eclectic one.

I don't have the time to start it up this month, but after this month, I can probably spare a few hours a week to doing a weekly chat again.

Is anyone interested?

And what topics would you be interested in seeing?
    heck yeah!
    0%
    I'm too busy/not interested
    0%

Mostly art.

Re: Reinstating the Chat Schedule?

I'm not sure about EVERY week...but once or twice a month? heck yeah!
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
      I'm not sure about EVERY week...but once or twice a month? heck yeah!
      This seems more reasonable to me.

Mostly art.

Comment

I think reinstating the chat schedule would be great. I'd give me a great excuse to get to know people more, and be a little more involved. I would like to become apart of the community more.
        Kemetic Blog - http://www.inspiringrainbow.wordpress.com

Bring your grains of Salt.

Comment

I totally love this idea. I'd love to have a gigantic chat discussion......as long as we can manage to keep it civil.

I've noticed a few people who like to nitpick with a serious holier than thou attitude about the whole thing which could lead to a lot of problems that I'd rather avoid
          Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
          Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
          sigpic

Comment

Scheduled chats were supervised by staff (traditionally Dez, they were a personal project of hers when she had more time to spare), primarily to keep them on topic (derailing chats can be just as much fun as derailing threads) but whichever mod is in the room will also be able to serve double duty as referee. They were always more Q&A to get broad familiarity with a topic (or a member) than debates. If two or three members have differing opinions on a issue than you'd get several points of view. Cluttering one up with a major argument just tends to suck the fun out of it and prevent other members from getting info.
            Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I like the idea!
              [4:82]

Comment

I'm with Thalassa. I'm not sure about every week, but I think once or twice a month hosting a chat with a specific topic like we did back in the day would be pretty awesome. And hell, I'm open to discussing just about anything, so I voted yay on this one.
                It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
                -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Count me in. I would definitely be able to find time once or twice a month, maybe more often depending on how long we'll be in there (so I can put hubby on babysitting duty).

Comment

It would depend on what the time of day it was, being European, and what day of the week, some days I'm chronically busy, but apart from that I would definitely be interested.

As for topics I'd be game for anything except sport and fashion, two topics about which I know absolutely nil and have no desire to learn either.
                    Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

I'll pop in if I'm around and awake!

Comment

Maybe folks could volunteer to host chat parties depending on when they're available. For instance, if I know I have a night coming up with hubby is taking the kids out to give me a free night, I can post that I'm hosting a chat night for anyone who wants to show up - it would only guarantee that the host is the one there, though.

We used to have a really cool chat schedule, divided by topic. I remember a writing group and a cooking group off the top of my head... man, that's been a few minutes ago. I miss those.

Comment

Sweet!

What kind of topics are you guys interested in? I'd be willing to take suggestions.

Some that I am thinking of are:

"How does the natural world affect your practice?"
                          "Preserving foods - herbal and canning"

etc etc.

Mostly art.

Comment

HOLIDAYS! Which ones do you celebrate? How do you celebrate them? etc....

You know, once or twice, we tried having starter questions, to sort of start folks out....
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

I think one where we could discuss how we set up all our different altars/what kinds of stuff people put on them and suggestions and stuff would be kinda interesting to talk about
                              Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                              Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X