Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volunteering

Hello everyone!
    I have started my 10th class about 2 weeks ago (on the 27th of August). During the last 3 years of studying (10th - 12th grades), each student has to volunteer somewhere.
    Among all of the options, I liked the zoo and the animal-clinic volunteering,
    But I hesitate between these two. Each is interesting in its own way. I have a stronger desire for the zoo, but I am not certain about this.
    Where would you volunteer as a student?
    Any recommendations will be most welcome
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Re: Volunteering

I would prefer volunteering at the zoo over the clinic personally. Never really had any places to volunteer when I was in school, so I don't know what to tell you
    Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
    sigpic

Comment

It all depends on what you want to do with it after school and IF you want to go in that direction career wise, IMO. I always chose a volunteer "job" that would look good on a job application later on down the road. Hence i would do something along the lines i wanted my career to be. So lets say you wanted to go into a medical direction for animals later on, be it a vet or even a vet's assistant whatever, of course i would recommend to choose the clinic. And the zoo has other pro's. That's more along the lines of taking care of the animals etc. (and if you can take care of animals it shows employee seekers that you can take care of other things, it's a great responsibility) So this will look good on many applications. I would also like to add that any kind of volunteering will ALWAYS look good on any application. So I think it's great that your school does this!!
      Of course I could be viewing this waaaayyyyy too clinical. IF it's about the fun for you, I'm sure you will have more fun in the zoo, ESPECIALLY since you most likely wont be seeing as many "gruesome" things there (dying animals, blood, surgeries, crying people that had their pet put to sleep.. <-- all quite not so fun things in my eyes...) I do want to add though that working at a zoo is not like 'being at the zoo' LOTS and LOTS of hard work. But I'm sure no matter what you'll do, you will have a good time in the end. Enjoy!

Comment

Did they offer you a description of the kind of work you would be doing in each location? Duties, responsibilities, activities, etc... I would start there and see which one fits your interest better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
          Did they offer you a description of the kind of work you would be doing in each location? Duties, responsibilities, activities, etc... I would start there and see which one fits your interest better.
          They havn't described the duties and activities.
          Today, they have only listed the options, and the places where I can volunteer.
          During the week, there seem to be a lesson or two that are specially devoted to the topic.
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

If it were me, I would wait for more info. A location doesn't help much if they don't really tell you what you'd be doing in that location. There are a lot of jobs in a single organization that need to be done.

Comment

Working...
            X