Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had a Christian try to convert me again, and I have a question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Had a Christian try to convert me again, and I have a question.

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    Dogma is all well and good, until one is dogmatic about it!
    Heh, exactly!!!

I cheer the sane people, of whatever faith, who are happy to let everyone else do their own thing, too.
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I'm new here but agree with those above, I strive to embody the tenants of said christians religion that so many of them chose to over look! Such as thou shalt not judge, and turn the other cheek and such!

I may not beleive in "their" book but there are some great teachings within it that they tend to overlook, And it just seems so much sweeter when I know that I, a heathen, embody the teachings of their savior better than they do!!!

Comment

The Bible is just a collection of oral stories which is why there's a great flood in almost ever culture. Zeus for example flooded the earth and two people survived by floating on a boat and then re populated the world. Hercules had to go to a far away land and get an apple from a tree protected by a serpent. Also Hercules sacrificed himself in a pyre by Zeus would not allow his son to die and thus made him immortal and brough him to Olympis.

In Heathen traditions Balder was killed and reborn after a time in the underworld.

Christanity just took all the old ways, put a Christian spin to them and proclaimed them to be Christian. Such as Yule.

Comment

^ that is so true.

I just had some lady (like in her 40s) try and convert me on campus.... didn't speak English very well and kept repeating how "grace save her and it save me too". She was about five foot tall and I wasn't sure if it was adorable or offensive lol. Almost made me late to a class!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris the Bold View Post
            ^ that is so true.

I just had some lady (like in her 40s) try and convert me on campus.... didn't speak English very well and kept repeating how "grace save her and it save me too". She was about five foot tall and I wasn't sure if it was adorable or offensive lol. Almost made me late to a class!
            I try not to get into tals with Christians when they start thumping their bibles. I've found over the years that for a group who founder preached tolerance...they're pretty close minded and intolerant.

Comment

Originally posted by Hafthor View Post
              I try not to get into tals with Christians when they start thumping their bibles. I've found over the years that for a group who founder preached tolerance...they're pretty close minded and intolerant.
              I was raised in it. I so know what you mean. Though its not that they're bad people, just... ignorant? sort of? I still love all the people from the church I was raised in, in fact I'm still on a scholarship from them. They just think I'm going to their idea of "hell" lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris the Bold View Post
                I was raised in it. I so know what you mean. Though its not that they're bad people, just... ignorant? sort of? I still love all the people from the church I was raised in, in fact I'm still on a scholarship from them. They just think I'm going to their idea of "hell" lol.
                I was raised Roman Catholic, which is pretty much pagan traditions with Christian overtones.:=):

Comment

If they are Fundies: Sorry, I do not worship your Book.
                  If they Are Catholic: Sorry, I do not practice Caesar-Worship.
                  If they are Orthodox: Sorry, I do not recognize your attempt to escape your own Dogma.
                  Sorry if this comes out a bit bitter but I am being blunt on my past and current views regarding the schism after schism of the Christian Doctrine(s).

Comment

I believe the story of Jesus doing for the signs of which mine is not among them was just a propaganda used by Romans to try and convert people into their religions, since no one really needs someone to die for him/ her because if really the claim was true, Christians wouldn't be going to church and repent their sins because someone already paid a price. You even don't need to make any argument with her because those people really knows how to argue, as longer as you believe in what you believe in is enough.
                    No sig for you.

Comment

Working...
                    X