Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, after 28 years of smoking, I just got one of those e-cig thingies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So, after 28 years of smoking, I just got one of those e-cig thingies...

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    That's what I thought, at first. But it's kind of karma around here. Businesses that are privately owned can do that, and this hosp. is one of those. This area is VERY big on individual freedom for business owners, (drug stores don't sell birth control if they don't want to, there are no abortion facilities, etc., because they're all Bible-belty). But a lot of people smoke. Hence my karma remark.
    However, I can buy any kind of gun, cash, no paper trail, while in the last state where I lived, there was an extensive process, and lots of restrictions. Legal activities are hampered all over the place, seems like.
    I suppose, if you look at rights as a zero sum game. Adding restrictions in one place does not "get even" for restrictions in another place. It just means more restriction.

Comment

Re: So, after 28 years of smoking, I just got one of those e-cig thingies...

Originally posted by Luce View Post
      I suppose, if you look at rights as a zero sum game. Adding restrictions in one place does not "get even" for restrictions in another place. It just means more restriction.
      Yes. But in this case it lets them know that when you place restrictions, it's gonna come back and restrict something YOU want to do. They don't think that far out of the box here, in general. So int eh big picture it may make them think twice.

I doubt it...but it's a hope.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
      X