Good Christians ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good Christians ...

Hah...nah...the biggest reason various incarnations of this thread have been around is because every now and then we'll get one of those "OMG, Xtains r so dumb! I wanna kill them all & let Kaos rul the wrld! W00t!" types around. Or their equally annoying older cousins.
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I have a good Christian friend; she and I trade jokes about each other's religion. Just today she asked me if she would still get into Heaven if she came into my house She's completely good-natured about our differences in opinion, as am I. Most of 'em are pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by DeseretRose View Post
        Hah...nah...the biggest reason various incarnations of this thread have been around is because every now and then we'll get one of those "OMG, Xtains r so dumb! I wanna kill them all & let Kaos rul the wrld! W00t!" types around. Or their equally annoying older cousins.
        Oh, that makes sense! Thanks for claifying

Comment

When I was growing up most people we knew were Anglicans (Canadian Anglicans are extremely liberal) so I never really had much encounter with fundies until high school, when I knew several people who were members of the baptist church (not all baptist churches are created equal either, but this one was pretty strict and fundamentalist). And even then it only occasionally came up (like when one friend wrote another atheist friend a letter from bible camp about how she wanted to save her soul and hoped she would accept Jesus as her lord and saviour) because in western Canada religion is more of a personal thing. I have many friends who are Christian (mostly Anglicans) and they are all wonderful people. And my brief experience going to the Anglican church was a pleasant one, although it wasn't the path I ended up choosing and it wasn't really my mother's either.

Comment

Working...
          X