Davecat tells how he married a RealDoll named Sidore Kuroneko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Davecat tells how he married a RealDoll named Sidore Kuroneko

Nah but she's living there. She was a wall painter, like doing art in bits of wall around the city or something, and they were made to clean up, and her bit went somewhere with her. There were scenes of her hugging and caressing the wall though.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Creepy. I have a theory that if you stay here (Berlin, specifically) long enough, you're bound to get pretty strange. LOL.

Comment

I may as well marry Buddy, then (African Grey parrot) - we've been together almost 24 years. Lol
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
          I agree that he's not hurting anyone. However, I do judge him. I feel sorry for him at the same time. He clearly has deep psychological problems. He can't connect to a person who disagrees with him and has her own opinions (ie a human being) so he has to project his desires onto dolls.
          When I see people like this I think "thank god, because they could have become the next serial killer"

He's gone so deeply into it that he projects decision-making capabilities (like choosing outfits) onto them, though these seem to be highly superficial. I guess on one hand, if he's happy, it doesn't matter. I just don't see how anyone with those kinds of problems can truly be happy.
          I don't think there is a standard such as "truly happy"...so for him, he might very be truly happy. And while I personally, by my standards of happiness and what makes me happy, think its odd or sort of pathetic...I think the same thing of people that own expensive cars and houses and fancy yachts. Or even of people that feel better from shopping or spending massive times playing WoW (and I happen to like WoW) or other online games. Meanwhile, my happiness is tied to how much beach time I have and whether or not the kids have wrecked the house...so...I don't think I'm in a position to judge beyond the initial*, surface "that's weird" thought.

*I try not to begrudge anyone a knee jerk first thought---its what you do and where you go with the second or the third one that matters
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

I'm with Thal on this one.

If this is a human being who has trouble connecting with other people, and feels that strong a need to micromanage, then I'd much rather have them get themselves a nice sex doll and dress her up every day then decide they need to kidnap someone and create the "perfect woman".
            Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
              When I see people like this I think "thank god, because they could have become the next serial killer"
              You raise an interesting point here.

I don't think there is a standard such as "truly happy"...so for him, he might very be truly happy. And while I personally, by my standards of happiness and what makes me happy, think its odd or sort of pathetic...I think the same thing of people that own expensive cars and houses and fancy yachts. Or even of people that feel better from shopping or spending massive times playing WoW (and I happen to like WoW) or other online games. Meanwhile, my happiness is tied to how much beach time I have and whether or not the kids have wrecked the house...so...I don't think I'm in a position to judge beyond the initial*, surface "that's weird" thought.

*I try not to begrudge anyone a knee jerk first thought---its what you do and where you go with the second or the third one that matters
              I see your point. Maybe I'm also reading in too much into his wording of things. It just seems so sad to me. I do know a lot of people who try to replace happiness with things and I don't agree that it makes people happy. Maybe it could make some people happy, but I have trouble believing it because I've never seen it. Some members of my family are like that, and they have some real issues. I think the only material things that have ever brought them happiness are the ones that helped them get involved in social groups. Other than that, having a fancy car or huge-ass flatscreen never did anything other than drain their wallets. I went through a period like that myself where I thought that if I just had nicer things, I'd be happy. I was deeply depressed and I just somehow thought that if I could be richer, I'd be happier. I couldn't be richer, so I just bought things that made me *feel* richer. I bought things to replace the fact that I didn't have a career, didn't have a family (not on this side of the world at least), didn't have a partner, and didn't have many real friends. It didn't work, of course. At this point in my life, I'd give a lot to have the thousands of Euros I spent back then in my bank account instead of in *stuff.*

I know I'm projecting a lot of personal stuff onto all of this. I'm just trying to outline that for personal reasons, it's hard for me to understand how materialism can actually make anyone happy. I can see it bringing a sort of temporary, superficial happiness, but not any kind of actual life satisfaction. To have an actual sexual and emotional relationship with an object is just sooooo far beyond my comprehension.

I guess it's possible though. I don't understand people who don't believe in evolution either, but whatever floats your boat, I guess. I do agree that none of us are *truly* happy. Perhaps that was poor wording.

I also really want to be clear that I don't think people like this shouldn't be allowed to do what they do or that sex dolls like that should somehow be illegal. I don't think it's harmful in any way and I do agree with the points that it may even prevent some harmful behaviour. If he wants to buy and use 10 sex dolls, he should be free to do so. I just don't get it, that's all.

Comment

I don't judge him, and I don't necessarily think that it's indicative of a deep psychological disorder either. Happiness is relative. And not being able to relate to 'real people' is actually not uncommon. This man has found a way to manage his social dysfunction in a way that is causing him happiness and means that he is not lonely. That can only be a good thing for him.

Also, I'm an animist. Not only that, but I'm an animist who believes that inanimate objects can attract or obtain a spirit of their own. Which means that I think it's entirely possible for his dolls to have obtained a spirit of their own though his constant attention and care. Whether that be an egregore that stems from the energy he has devoted to the dolls, or a pre-existing spirit who has moved in... if my car can have a spirit of sorts than why not his dolls?

As for the people who feel they are in relationships with things like the Berlin Wall and the Eiffel Tower... well in my worldview cities have spirits. Land has spirits. Rivers have spirits. Iconic structures have spirits. That's not so say that these spirits would engage in a reciprocal emotional relationship with a human, but they work with humans to a certain level. It's entirely possible that these people have unknowingly tapped into the spirit of the structures and have created a single sided emotional dependency, in much the same way that some people develop that sort of emotional connection with their deities. Doesn't mean it's reciprocated, but people have unrequited emotional connections with other people... it's not that much of a stretch that they should attach their affections to other spirits and entities.

Comment

Cities do have spirits. Berlin has a very strong one and its full of scars and energies from its wars and divisions. Almost everyone who visits "feels" it in some way. I find the Berlin Wall lover strange though, especially since Heka said she lives here and lived here when it came down. On one hand, the Wall was a very dark symbol of division and saw a fair bit of bloodshed. On the other, it's a major tourist attraction in a party tourism city. I have frequently seen drunk tourists pee on it. So, making out with it just seems really, really icky, as well as strange from a historic perspective. Maybe that's the pull though. It's like a scar that never quite healed.

Comment

My poop has spirit.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      My poop has spirit.
                      Maybe you should marry it.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                        Maybe you should marry it.
                        I don't know what religion it is and if I will have to convert. We know my conversion ratio is pretty crappy.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                          Cities do have spirits. Berlin has a very strong one and its full of scars and energies from its wars and divisions. Almost everyone who visits "feels" it in some way. I find the Berlin Wall lover strange though, especially since Heka said she lives here and lived here when it came down. On one hand, the Wall was a very dark symbol of division and saw a fair bit of bloodshed. On the other, it's a major tourist attraction in a party tourism city. I have frequently seen drunk tourists pee on it. So, making out with it just seems really, really icky, as well as strange from a historic perspective. Maybe that's the pull though. It's like a scar that never quite healed.
                          Nah she didn't live there when it came down. I don't think she's lived there more than like 15 years. She's a pome, and doesn't speak good fluent German.
                          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                          Seen the desert and the birds
                          You cut your hair short
                          Like a shush to an insult
                          The world had been yelling
                          Since the day you were born
                          Revolting with anger
                          While it smiled like it was cute
                          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            My poop has spirit.
                            So that's what they're calling it these days.

Comment

Working...
                            X