Any idea what this is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any idea what this is?

I thought it was only associated with sleep also, but I wanted to be sure.
    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Quin I get these once every month or so. Mine is me walking through a giant middle eastern palace then I turn a corner and walk onto an ornate red rug and it turns out its covering up a trap door and I fall into a black pit, my whole body then kind of jerks really violently. I have no clue what it is either.

(My buddy told me your heart stops when that happens. Like the dream is so real and the senses so alive that your body expects the death, but hes a drunk so who knows.)
      White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
      sigpic
      In Days of yore,
      From Britain's shore
      Wolfe the dauntless hero came
      And planted firm Britannia's flag
      On Canada's fair domain.
      Here may it wave,
      Our boast, our pride
      And joined in love together,
      The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
      The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

No problem. I thought it was hypnotic too when I first heard the word. I've had it happen when I've been on the bus day dreaming with my headphones on. I've had it while I thought I was awake listening to music in bed too. It's like my body is about to drift and I stop myself.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

That's interesting Chain. Is it the same every time?
          "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

This happens to me occasionally too Quin, when i go into mine I'm in a room of people (who I don't think I know), and then i start to fall away from them into nothingness, and then i jolt back into reality. It always makes me feel a bit sad after that I don't know who the people are. I've never thought of it as AP though, just sort of a subconscious projection of people that I've seen in passing and never spoken to, but felt as if I should have. Just a thought, idk what to tell ya bout yours. Monsno seems to know whats goin on.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              Hypnic jerk anyone?
              I would suggest this also. The first stage if sleep is that barely asleep ness. Often people don't even know they are asleep. I often find myself daydreaming then I feel a leg twitch, or sometimes by whole body, and surprise myself that I was falling asleep. My husband twitches all over when he starts to fall asleep, if that doesn't wake him, I do, for knocking me in the face!

As far as I know, this is very common and most people will experience it in the first stages of sleep.
              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
              Seen the desert and the birds
              You cut your hair short
              Like a shush to an insult
              The world had been yelling
              Since the day you were born
              Revolting with anger
              While it smiled like it was cute
              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                I would suggest this also. The first stage if sleep is that barely asleep ness. Often people don't even know they are asleep. I often find myself daydreaming then I feel a leg twitch, or sometimes by whole body, and surprise myself that I was falling asleep. My husband twitches all over when he starts to fall asleep, if that doesn't wake him, I do, for knocking me in the face!

As far as I know, this is very common and most people will experience it in the first stages of sleep.
                These are my thoughts as well. This has happened to me many times as I'm just falling asleep. In the past I've had dreams where I'll be laying on a high cliff and when I move I fall off the cliff, it always jumps me awake and I find that I usually am in the process of rolling over when I fall. I think it's a reaction the body has when your first drifting off.

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post

When I read the OP I thought of Hypnic jerking too, It does not have to happen at the start of sleep (at least not with me).

Comment

Yeah, if it's happened before I fell asleep, I must not have realized.

Comment

Working...
                    X