This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dragon Age

I've played DA:O a whole bunch, but mostly I just played all the origins. I did get most of the way through with a noble dwarf warrior though.

Speaking of dwarves, there are nowhere near enough dwarf protagonists. The only game I can think of as of late is Dragon's Crown.

So far the only things I've heard about Inquisition is that it's coming next year, you can play as all the races you could before AND Qunari, and they're bringing back the speech system from DA2.

Still a little wary, but the thought of being a Snarky Qunari is hilarious... or a snarky anything really. If that's still a thing, which I hope it is. It just wouldn't be Dragon Age to me if I couldn't say ridiculous things, at the very least on occasion.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

There were lots of problems with DA2 -- I'd be the first one to admit it. I've spent more than a reasonable amount of time talking about it.

I do prefer to focus on what's RIGHT about the games more than what's wrong. It seems more constructive to me.

You have to admit, they did some amazing world building and there are some incredible characters. As cliche and purple a writer as David Gaider is, he's still good at creating the bases for people that voice actors can really bring to life.

So guys...pro mage or pro templar? That's the real question.

Also, can I spoiler? Or is anyone not done yet or not know what happens?

Comment

I am stuck on DA2 so I have started a new character in DAO since I never tried the dwarf route and can i say I am a very sexy dwarf...
        There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
        William Wordsworth

Comment

There were lots of problems with DA2 -- I'd be the first one to admit it. I've spent more than a reasonable amount of time talking about it.

I do prefer to focus on what's RIGHT about the games more than what's wrong. It seems more constructive to me.

You have to admit, they did some amazing world building and there are some incredible characters. As cliche and purple a writer as David Gaider is, he's still good at creating the bases for people that voice actors can really bring to life.

So guys...pro mage or pro templar? That's the real question.

Also, can I spoiler? Or is anyone not done yet or not know what happens?
          I agree, it had a lot of good points too, they weren't enough to rescue it overall, but it didn't feel like a complete waste of time. I loved the setting of Kirkwall in particular, it had an amazing atmosphere.

I went pro-mage, out of loyalty (I was playing one), but that's part of what pissed me off so much about the story, the fact that the mages seemed to be doing everything they could to justify the templar's hatred of them. 'oh, these guys hate us because they think we use blood magic and summon demons? Let's shut up them up by using blood magic and summoning demons!' sigh. I understand the point they were trying to make about oppression driving people to desperation, but they could have portrayed it with a tad more nuance.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
            I agree, it had a lot of good points too, they weren't enough to rescue it overall, but it didn't feel like a complete waste of time. I loved the setting of Kirkwall in particular, it had an amazing atmosphere.

I went pro-mage, out of loyalty (I was playing one), but that's part of what pissed me off so much about the story, the fact that the mages seemed to be doing everything they could to justify the templar's hatred of them. 'oh, these guys hate us because they think we use blood magic and summon demons? Let's shut up them up by using blood magic and summoning demons!' sigh. I understand the point they were trying to make about oppression driving people to desperation, but they could have portrayed it with a tad more nuance.
            Did you play the DLC Legacy? That and some codex entries sort of explain why blood magic is such a big problem in Kirkwall. I can tell you if you wanna know.

I'm definitely pro mage, not that I can't see why the templars are scared.

Comment

With regard to DAII. I think it did it's job, it isn't suppose to be some grand epic quest like DAO. Its a prologue to DAIII obviously, though whether or not bioware intended it for than purpose I'm not sure, they may have made it just as a filler game while they worked on DAIII. The gameplay is a vast improvement to DAO, much more fast-paced. And while the re-use of the caves and certain other environments was a damper, it wasn't a killer by any means. At least the cave looks cool, right? The cast of characters were enjoyable, it was interesting to hear about their lives outside of assisting Hawke.

Pro-mage btw, I was a mage myself (Lol I'm the all-powerful "templars-better-be-a-fearin" blood mage type though). the Legacy DLC is pretty awesome should you choose to be a mage Hawke, though I haven't played it as any other class.

And on that note. WOOT FOR DAIII!!! CAN't WAIT!!!

Comment

I sort of feel the same way. DAII is filler. It's fine, and it was worth playing (it's better than a lot of other crappy games out there.)

I'm very excited for DAIII; it looks the the best of DA:O, DA2 and Skyrim, rolled into one. That's the best news I've ever heard. Imagine the open, epic world of Skyrim, with the strong over arching story and emotional interactions of DA:O with DA2's more dynamic fighting, with better tactical view, hearkening back to Baldur's Gate? I'm giddy, I tell you. Giddy.

Comment

From what I've heard it's not open world like Skyrim, it's open world like Risen 2 or Borderlands.
                  Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                    Did you play the DLC Legacy? That and some codex entries sort of explain why blood magic is such a big problem in Kirkwall. I can tell you if you wanna know.

I'm definitely pro mage, not that I can't see why the templars are scared.
                    No I never played the DLC, I stopped playing around 80% of the way through when things just got silly. Feel free to tell me what the deal is.

And bonus points for having played Baldurs Gate The BG games pretty much defined my childhood gaming experience.

Comment

I have played every origin ect. I find I really am drawn the dalish origin story. I have romanced all that I can romance. My favorite is Alistair. I know so many bitch about well his bitching but I love it lol.

I have played number 2 numerous times through as well. But I do find the reuse of scenery really brought the game down a few notches. It lost a lot of potential because of that.

I am so excited for number 3.

Comment

Since this is the DA thread...I thought you guys might like to see the two Inquisitors I already came up with for DA3..you know, because I'm a squealing fangirl and cannot contain myself.

First one is a Dwarf Rogue named Morienda who hoping to steal Varric away from Bianca.

Second one is in my series of red-haired mages, named Ambre who is the little sister of Adrian from Dragon Age: Asunder

Comment

Working...
                        X