Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't we remember lessons from previous lives...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why don't we remember lessons from previous lives...

Interesting thread.
    Uniformity of assumptions:
    (1) Time is real. (2) Mind / body, or many at this forum might prefer mind / body/ spirit, are distinct entities. (3) Individuality is real.
    I pretty much reject all of those assumptions. Oddly enough, that does not mean I reject the idea of "past" lives, rather I would suggest that they all coexist but we perceive in time. So, just remember, there may be an infinite number of yous, but you don't really exist as you -- it's just a construct.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by nbdy View Post
      Interesting thread.
      Uniformity of assumptions:
      (1) Time is real. (2) Mind / body, or many at this forum might prefer mind / body/ spirit, are distinct entities. (3) Individuality is real.
      I pretty much reject all of those assumptions. Oddly enough, that does not mean I reject the idea of "past" lives, rather I would suggest that they all coexist but we perceive in time. So, just remember, there may be an infinite number of yous, but you don't really exist as you -- it's just a construct.
      I dig that thought, hurts the mind in an epic way lol

Comment

I think the lessons we learn from each life is for our soul, not our mind. so like we start fresh with each life so that when the life is over, our soul can think on our lives and realize the meaning of each. after contemplating for a time, we are reborn again.

Comment

Working...
        X