Any Interpretations for this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Interpretations for this?

Okay so, a good while ago, I remember having a dream that has been sticking in my mind for quite awhile. I do have an idea as to what it might mean, but I would like to see if there's any more to it than what meets the eye. Here's how the dream went:

There was a mother bear and her cub. I was the mother bear, and one of my friends was the cub. How I could tell that I was the mother bear is that I would look down, and there were my huge bear paws. I was also standing on four legs. In front of me, was the cub (who I somehow felt and knew that it was one of my friends). Apparently, the cub was scared and crying. So as a mother bear would do, I remember walking up to the cub to go comfort her. I soon put one of my paws around the cub, as if I were hugging her. And then I said something along these lines: "It's gonna be okay. I'll protect you."

After quite a bit of thinking, one possible interpretation could be that it's about protection. But honestly, I would like to see if there's any more to it than just that. Any thoughts? Any ideas? Any advice? Thanks, and Blessed Be!

Re: Any Interpretations for this?

Bears tend to be solitary creatures and thus their symbolism tends to be about introspection, healing, personal change, etc... And of course protection as you mentioned. With symbolism in dreams, visions, etc... it's always important to consider what these symbols mean for you personally before considering outside symbolism. Your personal feelings toward something are the most reliable in these situations. It could be that you think your friend is somehow in a vulnerable position right now and are thinking of ways you can help them. Or it could be a reflection on the type of relationship you have. Do you ever feel more authoritative than them, motherly around them or feel like you have to defend them all the time? On the upside it could just mean it's time to communicate with them on a more emotional level or just make sure you're there for them. On the downside you might not be seeing them as your equal or somehow feeling that they can't take care of themselves. If you've been meddling in their life issues a lot lately it could be time to back off.

I give positive and negative interpretations because I always like to look at my dreams from a few different points of view. Not sure how right I am on this, but figured I'd put my two cents in anyhow :b

Comment

Working...
    X