Guild Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guild Wars

Anyone here play guild wars? like the original trilogy?

Re: Guild Wars

I used to. Haven't in a long time.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Did you play the pvp or join a guild? ive got the free trial and im deciding if its worth buying

Comment

I didn't pvp much, but it was fun. I was part of a small guild of close friends. I kinda miss it, but I've since moved on to GW2 (playing that as we speak).

Sometimes I think about going back and trying to get more of the achievements to have them carry over to GW2 hall of monument rewards.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        Sneak Attack

Comment

how is gw2? i hear its different than the first. Lots of mixed reviews

Comment

I love it. It's beautiful, diverse, explorer friendly (i'm a game explorer). There's PVP, zergs, trolls, etc. The normal stuff in an MMORPG.

The thing I love is the living story events that have game updates every two weeks. I only just recently started playing again, though, after a lenghty hiatus (started up again around halloween) so I'm catching up again myself, but I'm so glad I went back. It's much easier to get back into the swing of things in GW2 than it is for Aion (which is the MMO I played between GW1 and GW2).
            Sneak Attack

Comment

Ive heard the events are a really cool feature, makes more a living world. Maybe ill go the extra $ and get gw2, hm

Comment

it's worth a shot, especially with the lack of monthly fee. Personally I didn't find that it kept my attention long term, but I really enjoyed the first 2 or 3 months of it, definitely got my moneys worth.

Comment

One of the things I'm really enjoying about GW2 (and I think that ArenaNet in general has been pretty good with this) are the personal story lines. Even GW1 had really awesome story lines. In GW2, you can tailor the beginning story of your character based on the race you choose, and some of the traits during character creation. My husband and I both rolled Asura's most recently and we picked different traits so our personal stories aren't the same, but we can still experience them both if we party up and do them together.
                  Trivia: By the by, I recently discovered that Felicia Day does the voice for Zojja (one of the main NPC's), which totally many me fan-girl even more over this game.
                  Sneak Attack

Comment

Working...
                  X