X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most Cringeworthy Media Depictions of Women in 2013

Pretty ridiculous stuff.

Re: Most Cringeworthy Media Depictions of Women in 2013

Way to start my day off making me want to cry and go on a rampage....

(Not THAT kind of rampage...)
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I'm kind of puzzled.

What's wrong with Adele? Is she on the 'bad side' of female representation in the media because she's a pop star? Especially when blended in with Miley Cyrus & Robin Thicke?

Oh, wait... nevermind. I had my sound turned down & didn't quite connect Joan Rivers' little quip to Adele. :P
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I've always thought that photoshopped pictures of models and so forth should be labelled. If they want to represent their product with something straight out of the uncanny valley, that's fine, but they shouldn't be passing it off as the real thing. Kinda like GMO labelling, but for ads.

Comment

The only place in america that gets gmo labeling in Connecticut

Comment

Thank you for sharing this.

Comment

Kinda relevant, I was reminded of this funny video after watching the video:

(Although I can think of a lot of exceptions these days)
              [4:82]

Comment

That video is just sick full of disgusting views on women that's so ingrained into our society that we think that everything's alright and absolutely nothing needs to be done. And Blurred Lines. Ohhh don't get me started on that garbage. It's pure rapist lyrics, plain and simple. We can do much better than this.

Comment

I see a form of media conspicuously absent!

Video games have been portraying women in creepy and weird ways too.
                  Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                    Kinda relevant, I was reminded of this funny video after watching the video:

(Although I can think of a lot of exceptions these days)
                    Mitchell and Webb!!!

Comment

Wow... that is pretty ridiculous... accept I don't get what was wrong with Adele... she's pretty cool beans and I like her tunes.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                        Mitchell and Webb!!!
                        Yep, they are pretty awesome. I love them!

Originally posted by Lilium of the Valley View Post
                        Wow... that is pretty ridiculous... accept I don't get what was wrong with Adele... she's pretty cool beans and I like her tunes.
                        It's not about her, but someone basically called her fat in the video.
                        [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Lilium of the Valley View Post
                          I missed it the first time, too - after Adele flashed by, Joan Rivers said 'It should be Rolling in the Deep Fried Chicken' - so it was shaming Joan Rivers for calling Adele fat.

After some thought, I don't think Joan Rivers really belongs in that clip-reel. Joan Rivers has made her career off of being catty. It's what she does, it's who she is, and she's still making money off it. And even people who won't admit to it have probably laughed at a snark or two from her. Yes, she called Adele fat in 2013, but she's also bashed hundreds of other people this year... and last year, and the year before that, ad nauseum.
                          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Working...
                          X