Howdy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy.

Hey all. I'm Marlowe. Like the playwright. After being godless for ten years I made the decision to be...godless again. I worship Prometheus. He's a Titan. Perhaps that doesn't make me a Pagan? I don't know.

I guess I'd like support and religious clarity. This decision took a lot of thought and spiritual wrangling so be kind. Also feel free to ask me questions impersonal, personal, or too personal for comfort. I'll do my best to answer them.

Re: Howdy.

Welcome to the forum!
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Helloz and Welcomez

- - - Updated - - -

random...my cats name is Arlowe...your screen name without the 'M'...i was reminded hahaha

Comment

I'm pretty sure that makes you...someone who worships Prometheus and totally welcome here, since we're not even close to being all pagans. Welcome!

Comment

Thanks all.

Originally posted by Lilium of the Valley View Post

random...my cats name is Arlowe...your screen name without the 'M'...i was reminded hahaha
          Appropriate because since I was two it has long been my aspiration to be a lion. No luck so far.

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
          I'm pretty sure that makes you...someone who worships Prometheus and totally welcome here, since we're not even close to being all pagans. Welcome!
          Thank you, ma'am. To be honest Prometheus worship actually goes against (what I can discern) are common pagan values (insofar as you can find commonality in such eclecticism).

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome to the community! We are not all here pagans so don't worry.
              Would you kindly tell us about your experience with Prometheus? Worshiping him sounds very interesting, at least to me.
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                Welcome to the community! We are not all here pagans so don't worry.
                Would you kindly tell us about your experience with Prometheus? Worshiping him sounds very interesting, at least to me.
                I haven't had any visions or any sort of contact. I believe you have to be very lucky for any sort of spiritual prescence to give you that. Nor do I strictly believe in him as a factual account. I consider that irrelevant to my or any worship. I believe in his story.

Basically Promotheus gets my reverence because he's always been a champion for the underdog. First the gods against the Titans (despite being a Titan himself) then the gods against mankind. I respect and revere this. I also respect and revere that his solution to save humanity from annihilation was to give us Fire, the divine spark, making us gods as well with the gift that separates us and makes us superior: sapience. In this way I'm a very bad pagan because I have very little respect for nature. His brother, Epithemus, gave all the 'natural' gifts to the rest and he is depicted as foolish (name literally means 'Afterthought' to Prometheus' 'Forthought).

Also his capacity to endure his punishment, getting his lover torn out day after day gets my reverence because it's a stand against Tyranny. He never gets rewarded for this. He just endures. Endurance at all odds is a trait I sometimes lack and greatly want to emulate. Also the ripping out of the liver is often seen as a 'castration' metaphor and the fact that it grows back is an affirmation of masculinity. In this way I'm also a bad pagan because as a (kinky and queer) man, I want masculine objects of worship rather than some divine feminine I can't and don't feel right, relating to.

Finally as a Titan he never asked to be worshipped. That makes him all the more deserving in my view.

Comment

Hm.. Thanks for answering, your response is very interesting and makes me think a lot.
                  Welcome again!
                  "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Welcome to the pagan forums Marlowe I hope you have good time here and make a few along the way.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Originally posted by Marlowe View Post
                        Appropriate because since I was two it has long been my aspiration to be a lion. No luck so far..
                        teeheehee ^^ perhaps the next life, if that even exists >_>

Comment

hello and welcome! nope, not all pagans here, they let me in and i am Christian. lol! i have respect for other beliefs and like learning why others follow the path they follow. :B):
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X