Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What is difficult for you now, that was easy as a child?
    Being social and making friends.

Comment

Originally posted by loststarshine View Post
      Being social and making friends.
      It has been always difficult for me.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

What is difficult for you now, that was easy as a child?
        I was a true ambidextrous as a kid. Now my left hand can barely type, let alone do anything requiring fine motor control, like writing or art stuff. Too many years of right-handed desks in school.
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ophidia View Post
          I was a true ambidextrous as a kid. Now my left hand can barely type, let alone do anything requiring fine motor control, like writing or art stuff. Too many years of right-handed desks in school.
          Dad was a lefty. School "fixed" him.

Back in the day, lefty was "wrong" and "righty" was right. This led to a lot of unnecessary trouble...
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
            Dad was a lefty. School "fixed" him.

Back in the day, lefty was "wrong" and "righty" was right. This led to a lot of unnecessary trouble...
            It's horrible. I'd be so much more efficient if I could use both hands equally. I could have ruled the world.

Maybe that's why schools do it - it prevents people from being able to take over the world.

Comment

Maybe - but I think there was a time when sameness was considered a virtue. I like to pretend to imagine that we've grown beyond that now.

Wishful thinking on my part, I'm sure...
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

What do you think the 28th Amendment should be?
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

It should remove money from politics. No campaigns, no corporate sponsors, no PACs... No legal bribery.
                  Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I agree with Denarius. I don't think politics should include money.
                    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                      It should remove money from politics. No campaigns, no corporate sponsors, no PACs... No legal bribery.
                      this

/10 char
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

It's a toss-up. Either removing tax-exempt status from religious organizations who publicly involve themselves in directly or indirectly influencing politics, or legalizing federally-recognized marriage between any two non-related consenting persons 18 or older, regardless of gender. (I don't personally care about two consenting related adults, or more than two consenting adults, but I'm trying to be somewhat realistic in my expectations of the American public).

Comment

Originally posted by Ophidia View Post
                          It's a toss-up. Either removing tax-exempt status from religious organizations who publicly involve themselves in directly or indirectly influencing politics, or legalizing federally-recognized marriage between any two non-related consenting persons 18 or older, regardless of gender. (I don't personally care about two consenting related adults, or more than two consenting adults, but I'm trying to be somewhat realistic in my expectations of the American public).
                          What if we just make an amendment defining what a person is, and that persons are entitled to all rights enumerated and implied?
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                            What if we just make an amendment defining what a person is, and that persons are entitled to all rights enumerated and implied?
                            LOL - major can 'o worms...

Comment

ERA

/10womensrights

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Legalisation of marijuana on a federal level.

Comment

Working...
                                X