Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What is something you're still afraid of doing even after doing it many times before?
    Walking down a dark hallway and into an even darker room. Every dark room in every dark house has a cucuy in it.

(I'm a scaredy cat. I work graveyard because I'm afraid of the dark, and being awake to face certain death appeals to me more than the cold rotten claws reaching up from under my bed to grab me. Or to lay in bed while watching the closet door slowly slide open...)
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ophidia View Post
      Walking down a dark hallway and into an even darker room. Every dark room in every dark house has a cucuy in it.

(I'm a scaredy cat. I work graveyard because I'm afraid of the dark, and being awake to face certain death appeals to me more than the cold rotten claws reaching up from under my bed to grab me. Or to lay in bed while watching the closet door slowly slide open...)
      Honey, the way you describe it, EVERYONE will be applying for graveyard shifts, now. Hehehe

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
        Honey, the way you describe it, EVERYONE will be applying for graveyard shifts, now. Hehehe
        It's worse when the wind blows around the roof and chimney. At least tonight the air was still so I could hear that slight scuffle of bony fingers across the bedroom door, and the footsteps in the hall.

Hey, I made it to sunrise, though

Comment

Grabs teddy bear and crawls under the covers.......SPOOKY!!!
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

What is something you're still afraid of doing even after doing it many times before?

public speaking

- - - Updated - - -

What's your favorite TV Show Theme Song?
            Sadly, what comes to mind is SpongeBob Squarepants.

Ooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea ...

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Talking in front of many people.
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Have you ever witnessed a historic moment in person?
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Loads of them they make up my history. I watched the klan protest that made the news. I saw Hansons play before they were famous a historic moment for them. Just depends on what you consider historical.

Comment

I was in Washington when Mt. St. Helens blew her top big time. It rained ash for days. The sky was black.

It was awesome, and terrifying.

I also was in several big earthquakes in California, like the Sierra Madre quake of '91. The building where my oldest sister lived cracked in half. The fire & rescue people were trying to get her out & she was getting ready to go to work like her apartment didn't have a huge gap in the floor & ceiling.

Comment

Was in San Francisco for the 89 quake up on the 32nd floor of a highrise. That was a strange week after the main quake...
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Meh. Probably. Not that I would have cared.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Not that I know of.

But...I have met Master Chief Carl Brashear (if you've seen Men of Honor, he's the guy played by Cuba Gooding Jr), he was a patient of mine when I was a corpsman. He was a pretty awesome guy.
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Not that I'm aware of. It could come to pass that I have indeed, that moment has just not been considered 'historic' yet.

Otherwise I was there at my birth. You just wait, thats gonna be real important one day!
                            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                            Seen the desert and the birds
                            You cut your hair short
                            Like a shush to an insult
                            The world had been yelling
                            Since the day you were born
                            Revolting with anger
                            While it smiled like it was cute
                            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

yup, a few.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                                Not that I know of.

But...I have met Master Chief Carl Brashear (if you've seen Men of Honor, he's the guy played by Cuba Gooding Jr), he was a patient of mine when I was a corpsman. He was a pretty awesome guy.
                                That's pretty impressive. It's a good movie, good to know it was based on an awesome guy.
                                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X