Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What do you always order, or never order, at a restaurant you've never been to?
    Depends on the meal, depends on the restaurant. Breakfast is coffee, lunch is pretty much hot herbal tea, dinner is typically some sort of alcoholic beverage. At an Italian place I usually end up with a calzone or a salad and pasta, Burger place I get the portabello or black bean burger, never get a milkshake, sushi is the veggie special rolls, Indian is usually Palak Paneer, etc etc. If the place offers sweet potatoes, whether fried or baked, I often get that. Sweet potatoes and greens might be my favorite meal.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

What is a phrase or word you repeat many times throughout the day?
      Sit. Sit. I said sit. Did you not hear me say sit? Sit. Good boy.

(Eff dogs, they're a lot of work)

- - - Updated - - -

What do you always order, or never order, at a restaurant you've never been to?

Mostly art.

Comment

I do that indian spicy thing too. Everywhere. Even mexican. I've done it in Italy too. Italian espresso, not white people espresso.
        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
        Seen the desert and the birds
        You cut your hair short
        Like a shush to an insult
        The world had been yelling
        Since the day you were born
        Revolting with anger
        While it smiled like it was cute
        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

What are your best memories from childhood?
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Great question.

I have so many, but all involve being with my grandparents at their place and with my sibling. Hunting with my granddad in the winter and fishing in summer...just early mornings spent chatting with my grandma over coffee...

Comment

Oooooo, my memories of childhood are few and far between... lets see

I remember making pisang goreng at school, and I was happy cos I bought a banana to school that day so I got to have 2!

I remember 2 dreams I used to have, one where I could kinda glide around, and I used to jump off my classroom step and soar around the quad. The other had an evil doctor and I used to rock around a lot.

I remember getting new glasses and being excited and proud, and having to keep my old ones in my drawer for sport, and I was really excited to have two glasses at school and I remember cleaning them at my desk and getting teased. Not a great memory really. Makes me sad that one.

Thats about all I have from pre age 10 I think.

RIP

You cut your hair short
              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Running in the alleys behind Detroit streets. They were overgrown with (what I now know to be) sumac, with my friends (at the time, six & seven year olds didn't do drugs and vandalize stuff), and imagining that we were in the forests and jungles. It was a lot like the old Little Rascals, minus the romanticized exaggeration.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Gonna go with B. De.'s memory's...We had two huge fields to choose from(and this in the City of Oakland),where we dug out pits and covered them with stolen lumber from the lumber yard,and had a fort for the whole summer. Also with TALL weeds,and a piece of metal bar with an edge,we hacked our way through that "Jungle" on a safari(wonderful being a kid)
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Going on ride-alongs with my dad in his semi. I'd been through all the lower 48 states, Mexico & almost all of Canada (only missing the Yukon & NW Territories) by the time I was 10.

One of my most vivid memories was going through Arizona. It was hot. Super hot. And this was in the 70s, so my dad's truck was pretty bare-bones - no A/C. I was complaining that I would never be cool again. The minute the sun went down, it got freezing cold & started to hail. They got some messed up weather in Arizona.
                    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

The weekends we went to my grandparents summer bungalow in the Catskills, and I was actually allowed out of my parents sight! The freedom was awesome.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Granny's farm. Otherwise, long walks in the woods with my dog.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Have you ever seriously cried over the death of a fictional character?

Comment

Yes. Rita. As mentioned.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                            Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Yes - Mr. Spock in the 2nd Star Trek movie.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I just remembered a few more. I cried when George died in Black Out by Mira Grant. And what happened to the little boy and the father in the final The Strain trilogy. NOT the movie. Bleh. The book had me an emotional wreck for days.

Comment

Working...
                                X