Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What is something you have changed your beliefs or views on?
    My view on people. Still something I'm working on.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I used to be a Catholic school girl when I was young. Then when I grew to be a teenager, my beliefs changed and I learned that there are different faiths out there. That I don't have to read the bible every day of the week. It's a good feeling.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

So many things. I've walked most of my life, unsure of what I believed due to others trying to force their own values and beliefs on me.
        Now, I'm able to just be myself, and not care what others think about me or my beliefs and views.

And harm it none, do what thou wilt. <3

Comment

Welp. Hope I have more time now to get back to posting questions.

Have you ever been sexist?
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Well... yeah...
            I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
            Clan of my Clan
            Kin of my Kin
            Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
            And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

I've found myself making assumptions about people based on their sex on occasion.
              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

No not really.
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Undoubtedly. Racist too.
                  ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                  Seen the desert and the birds
                  You cut your hair short
                  Like a shush to an insult
                  The world had been yelling
                  Since the day you were born
                  Revolting with anger
                  While it smiled like it was cute
                  That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Yes. I only have sex with women. I don't even consider men.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Yup. I do make jokes and comments about gender & stereotypical behaviors for men & women.

I have no defense or excuse for it - I just think it's funny.
                      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

If a person does NOT find some things funny,that is able to laugh at the absurdity that is human social interaction,there might be a chance they are sexist,raciest,or pick an Ist.

People who are least concerned with differences make jokes a lot about people who are wound way to tight about these things.
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

No, there has always been some one else around who is sexier than I.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by nbdy View Post
                            No, there has always been some one else around who is sexier than I.
                            I said sexist! Not sexiest.

hehehe. You made a punny!
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I said sexist! Not sexiest.

hehehe. You made a punny!
                              Yeah, I kind of did that on purpose so that I wouldn't lecture on what it actually means to be sexist/racist/whatever-ist rather than simply have prejudices. There is a huge difference between having preconceived ideas about how another person might behave or think based on some observable attribute and actively attempting to put or keep them in a position of relative powerlessness based upon that attribute, the former is prejudice and the later some variety of -ism. If I assume that a person will be afraid of rodents simply because she is a she, that is prejudging, if I assume a woman should be paid less than a man in the same job because she has fewer "real" responsibilities, that is sexism. So, no, I have never been sexist, though I do generalize based upon a person's sex. The first answer was a lot more fun.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

I can't say that I'm aware of it if I ever have been.

I don't really think about a person's sex when I'm interacting with them - I certainly don't believe in gender roles.

Comment

Working...
                                X