Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
    I have a deep voice that carries over distance, a little too well (this got me in trouble a LOT in school).

My voice happens to be at a register that is very easily heard... even from afar (think foghorn).

As a result of this, I have a reputation for being loud.

I do not speak loudly... but, my voice is clearly heard, and carries quite well.

When I intend to be loud and project my voice, I can silence a room... but, my normal speaking voice is misconceived as being "loud."
    I have the same problem, not that I have a deep man's voice, but somehow my voice really projects, even though I actually speak quietly. If there's the right kind of ambient noise, people sometimes struggle to hear me if they are right next to me...but people across the room hear me just fine.

It was helpful when I did theater, but it sucks the rest of the time.

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What's the biggest misconception people have about you?
    Actually, I think its that I'm outgoing and extroverted. Just because I'm not shy, does not make me an extrovert. I much prefer solitude....

Comment

That I'm mean, or that I'm made of ice or something. I can't tell if it's my voice, my tone of voice, my facial expressions, my eyebrows, or some combination of all three but I'm often explaining (especially now that I work in an office) that "oh, hey, no, I'm just talking shit," because apparently my sarcasm isn't obvious enough.
      No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Used to be that I smoked a lot of weed. Now that I smoke a lot of weed that's not a misconception.

I think it's probably that, either due to my appearance or because I smoke a lot of weed that I'm an idiot. I relish educating them.

Comment

That I am an avid reader, a lot of people seem to think I read a lot.

Comment

A lot of people still for some reason think I'm politically conservative.

And tied into that, alot of people also think for some reason that I'm a virgin, despite me being more sexually experienced than most of my friendgroup.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Ektor View Post
            That I am an avid reader, a lot of people seem to think I read a lot.
            Honestly I probably would have assumed that about you! You seem to be pretty well educated which I often associate with that. Learned something new about you then.
            hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

That I'm straight. Everybody assumes, and they're wrong.

Mostly art.

Comment

That I'm NT ( neurotypical).
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Interesting,had to look that up. I might fall into that because I have a few "Quirks" like being able to solve things I have no knowledge of(mainly machines),and people have said I think differently in many ways. Not sure if that puts me in there,but also I am NOT well organized,kinda the opposite of obsessive-compulsive. I can become VERY focused at times when needed,but that is not my normal state every day.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

When was the last time you tried something for the first time?
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

This morning. I didn't bother getting dressed to go pick the kid up from work.

PJ's, folks! Not nekkid. Geez!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I don't really remember.

Comment

I went to a country bar and line danced and drank beer, a few months ago. I suck at dancing.

Comment

Last night, when I started looking at graduate programs that weren't counseling related.

Comment

I made my first layer cake yesterday and it didn't even suck!

Comment

PJ's were probably for the best Chain...Imagining Chain tooling down the road in his birthday suit...
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X