Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What's often hard to do but more than worth it at the end?
    I have to agree with Shahaku...admitting your mistakes (as is evidenced by the fact that most people are too scared to do so).

Comment

Facing things that are scary or a hassle.
      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
      -Erik Erikson

Comment

Clean house.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

What do you sometimes think but don't dare say out loud?

Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

That there are a lot of coocoo's on this forum.

Mostly art.

Comment

Maybe something connected with my cat obsession? :P I know it's kinda strange, so I prefer to keep some things in mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
              I am one
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Sometimes I see kids or babies at work. And they are fugly. I just walk away.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

more often than sometimes:

"You bore me. Go away."
                  "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Nothing in particular, though I edit out at least 50% of the things that pop into my head.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

This kid's an idiot.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                        'Scuse me, but it's spelled "cuckoo" and there's only one of me
                        And to answer the question: "I am not even interested in what you're saying. Why are you telling me this? Why do you think I want a detailed plot description and set of character sketches about a show/manga/book I don't even read/watch?!!"
                        I don't know why, but I've had a lot of people do this to me. They just launch into these drawn out monologues about various pieces of media I have zero investment in.

Comment

Most things, honestly. When people hear me bitch or "be honest" (depending on your position) they assume that what spills out of my mouth is *everything*...when the reality is that on a given day I generally pick my top 3 grips and stick with them (until superseded by something more irritating).

Things that I regularly keep my mouth shut about? Anymore, things that I don't have any control over. For example, many of you know that I used to be fairly active politically, but I've changed my stance on that. See, when we vote a politician out, he (or she) is being replaced by another politician that got elected by 1) making promises they have no intention of keeping and 2) taking money from someone that would like to break the law. Considering the moral decay in politics, I see very little reason to bitch about the *people*...after all, they seem pretty much the same to me.

What else? People who chew with their mouths open. While giving in kind (being rude back) seems to be the general course of action, my experience tells me that these people assume that I'm being too uptight or something and nothing changes...except for the fact that they know that it pisses me off and they do it anyway, which only serves to piss me off further. So meh...I generally don't even say anything...it's not worth the headache.

Virtually anything that a boss tells me. I generally keep my mouth shut at those times (but when I *do* open my mouth it's usually a prizewinner )

Comment

I want to tell people to stop reinforcing stereotypes about the group they belong to, if they don't like those stereotypes. Like (Gonna get controversial here I know.) A black man who will complain about unfair treatment from police officers, like getting searched even though he was nowhere near the suspected crime. But will then walk around town, sag his pants, wear his hat backwords, wear gold teeth, have a teardrop tattoo, and talk about "Blasting motherfuckers" a lot. Thats one example from one group, I can give another.

A canadian who will be missing three front teeth, wear hockey jerseys 24/7, talk in an unreasonably thick accent that makes no sense for his area, wear a russiany winter hat, and talk about drinking beer all day. And then complain about how Americans don't respect Canadians enough and "Think we're all lumberjacks."

I can do this for any group, anywhere, it happens way too much.

But I wouldn't go say it to anybody.
                            White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                            sigpic
                            In Days of yore,
                            From Britain's shore
                            Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                            And planted firm Britannia's flag
                            On Canada's fair domain.
                            Here may it wave,
                            Our boast, our pride
                            And joined in love together,
                            The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                            The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I'm only sharing this information with you in confidence because you're so bat-shit crazy that nobody will believe a word you say if you spill the beans.

Actually I "said it" once in a certain online forum and it offended pretty much everybody. Took themselves far too seriously I think ;-)

Comment

"Quit whining and do your damn job. Do it fast and do it well. And don't give me any more effing lip."
                                Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                                -Erik Erikson

Comment

Working...
                                X