Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What's your favorite late-night snack?
    Ice cream. Which is too short to post.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

How do you hope the world will change in the next decade?
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I hope that humanitarian budgets go up, and military budgets go down. Even if it's by a little, that would still make a huge difference.

We are already living in the most peaceful time in human history, yet easily preventable things like poverty, treatable diseases, and lack of food are killing millions every year. Ludicrous.

That or jet packs. Yeah, jet packs would be cool.
        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Zombie Apocolypse or the Yelllowstone caldera blowing it's top. I think it's time that house was cleaned, and the biggest messes are made by humans.

Yes, I understand that the law of average dictates that I'll get wiped out with the rest of you - I'm ok with that. I think whoever remains (if any) will be in a much better position (eventually) to plan a reasonable future for humanity.

Now...for realistic stuff? I don't see the world changing for the better. We'll have more toys, and jobs will become easier...which will require people to work more (because hey, easier jobs pay less!), and we'll ultimately end up largely where we are now: Overworked, underpaid, and overstressed.

Comment

What's your favorite late-night snack?

A small loaf of bread.

I don't. The world never really changes; I hope people would be more empathic and loving towards each other, though.

Comment

I'm with Rok on this. I think and apocalyptic event would be a good thing at this point... though I hate the idea that it would probably affect me personally.

Otherwise? I'd like to see every child receiving a decent education, or at the very least a true opportunity to learn.
              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

"World" as in the Earth itself? Or "world" as in humanity? Either way, I have no hope. It takes thousands of years for the Earth to change, unless there is a cataclysmic happenstance; and, well, much as I'd like humans to stop being a-holes to each other, it ain't gonna happen.
                Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                -Erik Erikson

Comment

That things will be about people and not just money. That progress will be defined as what makes humanity better,and not the latest toy,or profit and not the betterment of peoples daily life.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

All of my kids live on their own and are reasonably independent.

And my favorite midnight snack is peanuts.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

How do you feel about the end of XP?
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I think Microsoft is creating an environment where it will become profitable for other people to support it, hack it, and tweak it. I understand that they need to progress and move on with different projects...and if they wouldn't go about it by crippling subsequent versions I wouldn't be able to complain at all. As it is, I think they're creating a bigger problem for themselves.

Comment

Oddly enough.... Sad, I have no working machines that are tied to it any longer, but I liked XP.... For the record.... Once upon a tine I liked 95, but that was a different game we were playing back then... I think what I miss most is telling my computer to do something, and it getting done, without a pile of intermediary questioning, and a load of "am I sure" messages... Having it done the way I want it, and not the way some guy in an office decided it ought to be.... Maybe I'm just old.... For a computer age girl....
                          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Linux...

Comment

This OS is a bit troublesome. So I don't mind too much.
                              I really don't want Windows 7 to vanish, it's much better than 8.
                              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

roughly equivalently amused and concerned

life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X