Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

What is something you experienced in your youth that kids today will never experience?
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      What is something you experienced in your youth that kids today will never experience?
      Oh so many things , let's try not spending every second of the day on a electronic device , not getting whatever u want, and discipline . And I'm sixteen and younger youth are more technologically advanced then I am which freaks me out .
      Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Tape based media.
        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Growing up, we had an outhouse.
          I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
          Clan of my Clan
          Kin of my Kin
          Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
          And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

A special smell. That I still remember.
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Getting a chunk of ice from the ice truck in the heat of summer(people still had ice boxes,not refrigerators)
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Putting a cassette in a radio/cd/tape player and recording music onto it.

Also, 3 for 5c lollies.
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Having milk delivered by the milk man.

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
                    Having milk delivered by the milk man.
                    This is my dream!!!
                    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Milk used to be delivered along with ice cream and other dairy products Gleb...even bread could be gotten by delivery..but those time are gone..sad face...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                        Milk used to be delivered along with ice cream and other dairy products Gleb...even bread could be gotten by delivery..but those time are gone..sad face...
                        This is how it was in USA, I guess. Too bad there is no such thing here , too. People were always going to the shops and buying everything themselves here.

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                          This is how it was in USA, I guess. Too bad there is no such thing here , too. People were always going to the shops and buying everything themselves here.
                          So de we now, our dairy man days are gone. I still have the little door on my home where that stuff used to be dropped off.

- - - Updated - - -

Having to ride your bicycle across town to ask your friends if they can play baseball.

1. Kids have phones on them all the time now.

2. Kids don't play baseball much anymore, not that I've seen.

Sad times we live in.
                          White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                          sigpic
                          In Days of yore,
                          From Britain's shore
                          Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                          And planted firm Britannia's flag
                          On Canada's fair domain.
                          Here may it wave,
                          Our boast, our pride
                          And joined in love together,
                          The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                          The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                            Having to ride your bicycle across town to ask your friends if they can play baseball.

1. Kids have phones on them all the time now.

2. Kids don't play baseball much anymore, not that I've seen.

Sad times we live in.
                            I so remember this. I used to walk to the dead-end of my street, then cut through the woods down a path that had been worn away by all the neighborhood kids (all who were a bit older than I, as well as my brothers) over the years. From there, I'd cross the main street in town, and head to my friend's house to see what he was up to that day. No one worried that we were going to get kidnapped, my parents didn't wait by the phone for me to check in, and as long as we didn't come home too late, everything was fine.

Gone are those carefree days of letting kids be kids.

Comment

Playing three flies up using a hard ball we found,and an improvised bat that was just a piece of lumber(also using no gloves,bare handed)

This could be its very own thread...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I actually saw a Tumblr post recently that was a long romanticization of growing up in the nineties that had clearly been written by some person who had CLEARLY not done so. One line said something like "When your parents could trust you to play outside for hours at a time because you had brains," umm not how I remember it kid lol My fiance and I had a good laugh over that. They didnt mention the constantly trying to find a light under which you could what was happening on your gameboy screen only to have it run out of batteries the moment you did. Really bad tv. Really bad clothes (although this person didnt seem to think so). Worse hair! Really bad self-help pop psychology. Giant computers that had less power than a smart phone. Dial-up. Boy bands. Etc etc etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X