This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Design Released for Proposed Satanist Statue at OK Capitol

By allowing a symbol of only one religion and not those of any other, the state is establishing a preference. That has already been demonstrated case-law un-Constitutional. And I guarandamntee that is their intent. We've impeached more governors than any other state, and prosecuted more elected and former politicians per capita. People talk about living in the buckle of the Bible belt, but Oklahoma is it. It's the only place on the planet where an injunction was filed to stop Pagan Pride Day.
    I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
    Clan of my Clan
    Kin of my Kin
    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

If a donated monument representing one religion is accepted on public property, then donated monuments from other religions should be welcome, too. I don't care if they think it's ugly, tacky, evil or silly - to do otherwise just isn't fair.

Comment

Hopefully this teaches the legislature a lesson about the rights of other religions- Its obnoxious that their imagination is so limited that they can't imagine what it would be like to live in a nation where they were not the majority religion. As a Christian, I just don't get why its so hard to put yourself in someone else's shoes for half a second.

*Sigh* Oh well, well, maybe they'll get a whole garden of statues XD!
        hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

thing is why some one from New York would want to put it in
          OK, you think that if your from NY you would want to put it
          in NY

Comment

Originally posted by oldhippie View Post
            thing is why some one from New York would want to put it in
            OK, you think that if your from NY you would want to put it
            in NY
            This is why
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I just have to say, I think Greaves comes across as pretty well-spoken. Usually when these types of stories come along, I find myself wincing at what the minority representative has to say (or rather, the way they choose to say it) but that hasn't really been the case with this man.
              I know nothing else at all about him, so I have no idea what he's really like, but from what is in these two posted articles.

Comment

My mother was just ranting about this.
                I believe we've been desensitized to Christianity being around us all the time (Not to say it's a bad religion), and everyone should have their own beliefs as long as they don't harm another. I don't see a statue as a form of harm, and it being built would be wonderful as we're getting closer to an accepting and open society
                One of the arguments my mother had was that America was founded on Christianity. Although, if we still kept all of our founding ideals we would still have slaves, and women's inequality (even more so). I see this as a change for the good. Even the fact that misunderstood religions and beliefs have the courage to propose such a thing is a step in itself

Comment

I'd love to take a picture of me sitting on the lap.

Comment

Originally posted by Spider View Post
                    One of the arguments my mother had was that America was founded on Christianity.
                    I have heard that argument all my life, as well. The fact of the matter is that America was not founded on Christianity or Christan belief at all, but on secular belief. Hence the separation of Church and State. In the words of Thomas Jefferson:

"I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;" thus building a wall of eternal separation between Church & State."

Comment

I think it should be NONE or ALL...sadly though this would be the fair thing to do and our nowadays world, that we live in, could care 2 sh**s about fairness. It's about who has the cash. Bring it and you can have whatever you want!

Also this reminds me of soooo many religious unfair things happening in the world seriously! For example here in Germany a couple years back there was a HUGE debate because a Muslim teacher, who happened to be a woman, wore her head covering to school...DUH it's her belief why shouldn't she....Yet the schools were saying "it's influencing the kids, plus we have crosses in our classrooms"...... Further more than the teacher "having crosses in the classrooms.. this is not influencing the children?!" etc etc etc -_________-
                      1. (in this case) seriously you can't tell people what the hell to wear!!! This is a personal thing, this is about nakedness and in her eyes being "unproper" in public....her hair is something that she can show or not show to others and it's no ones damned business. This would be like saying "you're not allowed to wear pants" ... well whom I want to show my legs to is my frikken business and that's that.
                      2. again, if NO typical religious (pure religious not something ON the person) things would be allowed at all (none, zip, NADA!!) in public places people wouldn't have these issues in the first place.

I just don't believe in it...WHY does it have to be in a public place?! You can go home and have as many statues of your ass for all I care in your backyard and worship it 16 times a day. I don't understand why it has to be in public for crying out loud?!

Comment

Update: the statue is funded...

An online campaign seeking to fund a Satanic monument in Oklahoma City has reached its $20 000 target with ten days to spare. The monument has, as of writing, received $22 035 on its indiegogo funding campaign.According to a press release from The Satanic Temple the monument was proposed following the city's decision to install one dedicated to the Biblical ten commandments.

...here we go...
                        I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
                        Clan of my Clan
                        Kin of my Kin
                        Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,

Comment

It's nice it has support. Although, If it is built I expect it to receive a heavy amount of vandalism, sadly.

Comment

I've been wondering where the ACLU has been... just found thus, from August '13...

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
                            Clan of my Clan
                            Kin of my Kin
                            Blood of my Blood

Comment

And this is why we should have the statue. Because apparently someone like me who is practicing evil should be shot.
                              And fuck this bitch and her shitty pronunciation of Satanist. What the hell is wrong with her?
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Hmm... is it 'sweeps' month?

- - - Updated - - -

Medusa, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel...

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
                                Clan of my Clan
                                Kin of my Kin
                                Blood of my Blood

Comment

Working...
                                X