X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: prejudice against white people

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
    Being discriminated against is a problem, period.
    Yup, no matter where your skin color comes in on the pantone chart.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
    I don't think that's true. Progressive taxes transfer money to the privileged to the under privileged, and certain groups get higher transfers through funding of programs and such. I think a lot of people have no problem with this. I know I don't.
    Me either. But I do have a problem when my daughter, working her hinney off through school and high school can't get a low cost government loan to go to college - or even a job on campus - because she isn't of the right ethnicity, and graduates $90,000 in debt on account of her "privileged" parents (who also both work their hinneys off) being poor as church mice...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Funny thing about being disadvantaged is, there's no Robin Hood anymore. Just a bunch of pissed off white folks ranting about how they should just "get over it" or don't recognize their own privilege. Being robbed? My god, that's laughable. Being discriminated against is a problem, period.
      How is it not robbery if I am forced to give money to someone that I earn because they don't want to earn it?

I'm all for social welfare for the disabled and elderly and ill who cannot care for themselves...but why is a 20 year old healthy young man ever really eligible for more than a temporary issue? Why can't he go dig ditches like the rest of us?

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        Yup, no matter where your skin color comes in on the pantone chart.

- - - Updated - - -

Me either. But I do have a problem when my daughter, working her hinney off through school and high school can't get a low cost government loan to go to college - or even a job on campus - because she isn't of the right ethnicity, and graduates $90,000 in debt on account of her "privileged" parents (who also both work their hinneys off) being poor as church mice...
        I think that's a huge problem, but I also think it's due to the fact that university is far too expensive in the US and not that there are programs out there to help minorities.

Comment

I think that's a huge problem, but I also think it's due to the fact that university is far too expensive in the US and not that there are programs out there to help minorities.
          DanieMarie, you are right - college costs are way, way out of hand, and that is a problem. But the thing is, there ARE programs to help "minorities," but not to help the children of poor "white" working folks (Polish and Slav, from Mom's side, so I guess we're Eurotrash. Could we get handouts if we moved over the water?).
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
            How is it not robbery if I am forced to give money to someone that I earn because they don't want to earn it?

I'm all for social welfare for the disabled and elderly and ill who cannot care for themselves...but why is a 20 year old healthy young man ever really eligible for more than a temporary issue? Why can't he go dig ditches like the rest of us?
            Be mad at the large corporations sucking the majority of your income, not the people. If it is more difficult for POC to get a job then it makes sense that unemployment for them would be higher. How is it robbery to help tip the scales so that they can stay on their feet, or try to get there?

I know lots of white people abusing the system as well, why not distribute your anger equally? But no, it must be these lazy, colored, welfare people looking for handouts?

Also, in regards to your other post, you are offered an unseen amount of benefits by being white that go unnoticed. I always have and always will believe that.
            No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

What you are probably unaware of is that universities in the US that receive any sort of public funding, no matter how much or how little, have quotas based on race. If the population is X% this, Y% that, and Z% something else, then their enrollment must reflect that. Acceptance isn't based on high school GPAs, or SAT scores, or any other merit, it's based on filling racial quotas. If those quotas aren't met, those schools like their funding.

I've been unemployed since June. I'm a factory trained office copier repair tech with 5 years experience working on a wide variety of makes and models. I've been turned down on two job apps because these places said they had to hire women and minorities first (supposedly some kind if federal "guidelines" they have to meet because they do business nationally/internationally). Meanwhile, they run the same help wanted ads week after week, because apparently in this neck of the woods the only qualified applicants are old white guys.
              I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
              Clan of my Clan
              Kin of my Kin
              Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
              And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Be mad at the large corporations sucking the majority of your income, not the people. If it is more difficult for POC to get a job then it makes sense that unemployment for them would be higher. How is it robbery to help tip the scales so that they can stay on their feet, or try to get there?

I know lots of white people abusing the system as well, why not distribute your anger equally? But no, it must be these lazy, colored, welfare people looking for handouts?

Also, in regards to your other post, you are offered an unseen amount of benefits by being white that go unnoticed. I always have and always will believe that.
                Corporations? Not this again. They only take money I give them willingly. They don't come in my house at night ansd take it.

As far as abuse of the system? I never mentioned color. I don't give two craps about color. But if my money is being taken, and given to someone who didn't earn it, I'm annoyed. I didn't say a young "______" man, I said a young man. If you read it as something else, that's your prejudice showing.

As far at the other issues? Those are benefits of being in the majority yes. And in most of the US, white is the majority, so I can see that issue. But it's a majority privilege, not a color issue. If the majority was green, it would be the same thing about me. It's human nature and it sucks but moaning about it does nothing to solve any problems. If someone could offer a real solution that didn't turn the minority into a damsel needing to be rescued, I'm all ears.

Comment

Be mad at the large corporations sucking the majority of your income, not the people.
                  If anybody ever bothered to look, they'd find that the U.S. has the highest corporate tax rate in the entire F'ing world (in the U.S., corporations are taxed twice. Once by the Feds, and then by the state. The U.S. is the only country that double taxes corporations) - which is why corporations are fleeing.

Maybe it't time to find a different scapegoat?

Comment

As far at the other issues? Those are benefits of being in the majority yes. And in most of the US, white is the majority, so I can see that issue. But it's a majority privilege, not a color issue.
                    Then let's ask WHY the majority is white.

- - - Updated - - -

If anybody ever bothered to look, they'd find that the U.S. has the highest corporate tax rate in the entire F'ing world (in the U.S., corporations are taxed twice. Once by the Feds, and then by the state. The U.S. is the only country that double taxes corporations) - which is why corporations are fleeing.

Maybe it't time to find a different scapegoat?
                    And yet wage inequality rages on rampantly.

Comment

One thing here.

As for non-Whites only having disadvantages because they have less education, worse language skills and whatnot.
                      Well I can't speak for the US, I've only read studies done in Europe but these are remarkable in their agreement in conclusions. If a jobapplication are rendered anonymous, that is all things that refer to ethnicity, gender, age. ect, are removed, then, and only then, do people of different ethnicity than the majority, along with women, have an equal chance of getting a job as their non-ethnic male counterparts. Otherwise their chances ranges from less than half to about twothirds of a white mans. So saying ethnicity, in and of itself, plays no role can scientifically be disproven.

- - - Updated - - -

Then let's ask WHY the majority is white.
                      Well they won't be for long if birthrates continue as they are since there in the US now are born more non-Whites, if we include Hispanics, than Whites.

- - - Updated - - -

No cooperations are fleeing US and Europe because people in far Asia will work for a fraction of the wages they's need to pay here, and they don't have to spend money on silly little things like security equipment for workers.
                      Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Why is the majority white? Is this a veiled attack on white people being allowed to have children? Is that the next step? Only POC can have kids until they catch up?

The frank and dirty answer is because they are the ones who choose to immigrate here in large numbers and then proceeded to have 12 kids and successfully raised them to adulthood and taught them that getting married and having 12 more kids was a great plan.

These days, the birth rates being what they are, whites will be the minority in the US within 20 years. Will I still be privileged then? I doubt it.

Comment

Why is the majority white? Is this a veiled attack on white people being allowed to have children? Is that the next step? Only POC can have kids until they catch up?
                          Uh, no, this is not a veiled attack. I don't attack anything under a veil so if I were attacking something, everyone would be aware. There seems to be a lot of jumping to conclusions, on my part as well, so let's take a step back and be reasonable.

The answer? You posed a fact, I posed a question. Simple as that.

Comment

The frank and dirty answer is because they are the ones who choose to immigrate here in large numbers and then proceeded to have 12 kids and successfully raised them to adulthood and taught them that getting married and having 12 more kids was a great plan.

These days, the birth rates being what they are, whites will be the minority in the US within 20 years. Will I still be privileged then? I doubt it.
                            Well non-Whites have been forcibly sterilised in the past, so the Whites have ensured that the non-Whites didn't have the chance to have those 12 kids and raise them.
                            Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

DanieMarie, you are right - college costs are way, way out of hand, and that is a problem. But the thing is, there ARE programs to help "minorities," but not to help the children of poor "white" working folks (Polish and Slav, from Mom's side, so I guess we're Eurotrash. Could we get handouts if we moved over the water?).
                              No one gets handouts here because university is (almost) free....and not just to Germans either. Anyone can study here from anywhere, for the same price.

If you're poor, you can get loans, scholarships, and grants to help pay for your cost of living.

Comment

Uh, no, this is not a veiled attack. I don't attack anything under a veil so if I were attacking something, everyone would be aware. There seems to be a lot of jumping to conclusions, on my part as well, so let's take a step back and be reasonable.

The answer? You posed a fact, I posed a question. Simple as that.
                                Please don't take anything I've said as attacking you. I'll attack your ideas, because I'm crazy ass opinionated, but I think you are pretty cool.

But it is a strange question.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
                                Well non-Whites have been forcibly sterilised in the past, so the Whites have ensured that the non-Whites didn't have the chance to have those 12 kids and raise them.
                                Eugenics in the US sterilized as many whites as people of color -- but they were people not considered white then, like Italians and the Irish. Mostly, it was prisoners and the mentally ill. And it was a horrific thing, one of the truly worst moments in our recent history in my opinion. But I don't know that the numbers would back this idea. I'm actually positive they don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X