Greetings all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings all

My name is Anna. I'm a twenty six year old wheelchair user from Virginia in the states working on her degree. I love feminism, working for equity among genders, racial and ethnic groups, and people of varying ability levels. In other words, I'm a hippie who was probably born too late.

I've been researching witchcraft for a while now, and I'm beginning to feel confident enough to start...well...you know, actually practicing the craft. Which, is the whole point of being a witch, right?

In my "religious" life, I'm a bit of an eclectic. And by eclectic, I mean all over the place. I was raised Lutheran and rejected orthodox Christianity because of all the Divine Sexism (imho), even though Jesus is still very important to me. I'd call myself Trinitarian Wiccan, though this doesn't seem quite right. I'm leaning, today, towards Gnosticism. Although tomorrow, things may be different. To top it all off, I also consider myself a Goddessian (instead of a Dianic Wiccan). Basically, this means that I will probably always center my devotional life on The Goddess/Goddesses. It seems, according to any established religion, I must be a contrarian.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you here. :-)

Re: Greetings all

Welcome aboard! I was raised in Orthodox Christianity as well. Deconverted during early High School. I wouldn't consider myself a Gnostic, but the ideology fascinates me, so we have a bit in common.
    Hope you enjoy your stay

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
      Welcome aboard! I was raised in Orthodox Christianity as well. Deconverted during early High School. I wouldn't consider myself a Gnostic, but the ideology fascinates me, so we have a bit in common.
      Hope you enjoy your stay
      Thanks so much for the welcome. :-)

May I ask what your chosen path is now?

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

We like contrarians around here! Well, at least I do :P. I'm a Christian, but my beliefs definitely don't fit into any denomination whatsoever!

I hope you like it here and we get the chance to chat, I'd like to hear more about your beliefs ^_^.
        hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Unakite5 View Post
          Thanks so much for the welcome. :-)

May I ask what your chosen path is now?
          I am sort of a neo-pagan/buddhist. I don't quite have a label for it.

Comment

Welcome as well,I myself went from pillar to post in a search for some meaning about life. My path took me through many different places and what I follow now would be considered VERY eclectic. A little from there,a bit from other places. The main thing right now is it works for me NOW,it may change but life is change.

I respect all beliefs because at their base they are personal decisions as to how each of us deals with this life.

Again welcome.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Working...
              X