X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My past and reasons being here.

Originally posted by Alienist View Post
    He has had pentagrams so I don't know if he does or not. What I don't quite understand on this thread (I'm not making fun of anyone or saying anyone is wrong or anything) Is that there are people here that believe in magic, deities and symbols and so forth and other people request help from other magic users, but how come this magic my brother is practicing seems unbelievable and that it must be smoke and mirrors or it's all in my mind? There is a reason why I came to this site and it was to receive some help spiritual or mundane but mostly spiritual help. Believe me if I didn't think it was real, I wouldn't have waited over a year just to talk about it.
    But it's like does the pentagram indicate Satanism? As a norm no, if you'd said it was a Baphamet (sp) imposed over an inverted pentagram then perhaps it would have more of a Satanic occultism feel. Yet a pentagram by itself is more of a assumption of what it means and suggests than anything else which ties back into that pseudo teenage Satanism slant. I should note that because its called pseudo teenage Satanism doesn't mean it is always teenagers who are doing it but more a mindset of those who utilize it. Granted more often seen in teens than older groups but not restricted to them.

For the majority of people i'd say magic is more psychological in nature and how they presume it will work than actual magical workings. All you've indicated here so far is very much smoke, mirrors and perception of what is occurring or believe will occur. A lot of it, ie apple usage, is very sympathetic magic as well so by most accounts is very low or un-formatted which is a far cry from what one would expect of an ancient magical tradition that would more resemble a ceremonial or high magical system in my opinion. Nothing of which your describing meets those examples so appears very unlikely to actually be magical in that sense of exploitation or manipulation of elder entities or magical systems. That factor tends to be the reason I think what your describing is not seen in the light your trying to convey.

Of course that is all my opinion so I can't speak for how other's might actually be viewing it from their perspectives.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
      To be 100% honest?

Because real magic isn't worked by teenagers claiming to have powers from a "magic book" and teenagers can't learn to speak in Sumerian unless they are some sort of linguistic prodigy (and even then its pretty likely what we as modern folks know as the Sumerian language probably has squat in common with the actual ancient language.) Real magic is a skill that can take decades to learn in any meaningful way and is incredibly rare outside of personal growth. If real magic worked that way, every teenager with raging hormones would be dating a celebrity supermodel.

I believe in a lot of things. But I'm also a realist and someone who used to be a teenager.
      I guess it's a mistake I made. He's not a teenager. He wasn't a teenager when he dabbled into this stuff either. He's a full grown adult, older than me by a few years, so he's not just some punk teenager trying to act all tough. He's past is late 20s now and he's a thinking adult. This is serious. I don't know how long he's practiced this stuff. He's not a master of the arcane and he himself never claimed to be so and admitted his power isn't anything compared to others. I'm not sure if he's referring to his mentor, if he even has one, or other magic users. Also most teenagers don't believe in this kind of stuff to begin with. Otherwise, we'd all be able to use it.

Comment

I guess it's a mistake I made. He's not a teenager. He wasn't a teenager when he dabbled into this stuff either. He's a full grown adult, older than me by a few years, so he's not just some punk teenager trying to act all tough. He's past is late 20s now and he's a thinking adult. This is serious. I don't know how long he's practiced this stuff. He's not a master of the arcane and he himself never claimed to be so and admitted his power isn't anything compared to others. I'm not sure if he's referring to his mentor, if he even has one, or other magic users. Also most teenagers don't believe in this kind of stuff to begin with. Otherwise, we'd all be able to use it.
        You certainly don't have to believe us, though I think his age is sort of a red herring. But I don't think there's any help we can offer either. Well, at least I know there's no help I can offer beyond what I already have. I think I'll just leave it at that. It's up to you what to do now.

Comment

(My worthless $0.02 - sounds like he's goofin' off the "Simon Necronomicon," paperback edition)
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

You certainly don't have to believe us, though I think his age is sort of a red herring. But I don't think there's any help we can offer either. Well, at least I know there's no help I can offer beyond what I already have. I think I'll just leave it at that. It's up to you what to do now.
            Have to agree. I'm honestly wondering if advice and help was what was being sough or a confirmation of sorts about ones perspective of what is being though done. Sort of reminds me of an early lesson, the majority of magics are sympathetic because they require no skill on the practitioners part, but a willing belief on the part of the observer or the one being acted upon to believe in what they saw and / or heard for it to work.
            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

You mentioned a book,but gave no name. My guess would be the Necronomicon. You should be aware however this is a fictional book described by H.P. Lovecraft a writer of horror fiction. see the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.P._Lo...:_Necronomicon

Though there are books printed that claim to be this book,it is generally a made up thing. It does have things that are supposed to be from Sumerian beliefs,but I suppose someone might be tempted to believe that it is real. I myself have the book as a curiosity(the book is actually kinda interesting in how it is laid out)

If this is the book you refer to I think perhaps you need to consider that it is a work of fiction.

Also see this link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necronomicon
              Last edited by anunitu; 05 Feb 2014, 11:04.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                You mentioned a book,but gave no name. My guess would be the Necronomicon. You should be aware however this is a fictional book described by H.P. Lovecraft a writer of horror fiction. see the link below.

Though there are books printed that claim to be this book,it is generally a made up thing. It does have things that are supposed to be from Sumerian beliefs,but I suppose someone might be tempted to believe that it is real. I myself have the book as a curiosity(the book is actually kinda interesting in how it is laid out)

If this is the book you refer to I think perhaps you need to consider that it is a work of fiction.

Also see this link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necronomicon
                I didn't mention a name because I don't know it. Only my brother knows but I never discussed it with him. I didn't know what the book was called. That book that he used years ago was buried. I am not sure if my brother remember it. He does have an interest in Lovecraft's work and the Necronomicon. The only book I know he still has is the Necromantic Ritual Book. As for the Necronomicon some believe it's fake, others believe it's real and those stories were based on the real book but I can't be certain. The Necromantic Ritual Book is something I don't know about and I'm not sure if anyone does here too. I know he's read it.

Comment

What is it that you want and need most, Alienist? Because until you are clear in your own mind about this, you won't be able to help yourself.
                  Do you want to be free of your brother's influence?
                  To be told that yes, he is incredibly powerful (though maybe not as powerful as others)?
                  Are you frightened of him? Is he threatening you?

These are things you really need to think about in some depth. It doesn't matter what books he's using. It doesn't matter if he buries something in the desert. It doesn't matter how old he - or you - are.

But if you are frightened of him, then get away. Quickly. Not because of his 'power' but because of the effect he's having on you.
                  Good luck!
                  www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                    What is it that you want and need most, Alienist? Because until you are clear in your own mind about this, you won't be able to help yourself.
                    Do you want to be free of your brother's influence?
                    To be told that yes, he is incredibly powerful (though maybe not as powerful as others)?
                    Are you frightened of him? Is he threatening you?

These are things you really need to think about in some depth. It doesn't matter what books he's using. It doesn't matter if he buries something in the desert. It doesn't matter how old he - or you - are.

But if you are frightened of him, then get away. Quickly. Not because of his 'power' but because of the effect he's having on you.
                    Good luck!
                    You are right that I need to be free of his influence. I am doing that now by speaking to everyone about it. I couldn't discuss something like this in the open without being laughed at or not taken seriously. I went to this site because it's familiar with this kind of stuff. I don't know the depths of his power or knowledge. I just know he has more than me. Has frightened me as well as others and threatened me too. He warned me not to tell anyone he did this kind of thing. I just want to protect myself mostly. I can get away, but it wouldn't stop him from delving into this kind of thing. If he was just some weird stranger or friend, I'd stay away but this is my brother here. Sometimes I feel I'm going to have to confront him about this and ask him just what kind of stuff IS he doing, what his motives are and what is he trying to accomplish? I've heard of healing and protecting magic and practices and sought it out for my protection. He wants me to learn his magic and I asked him about different kinds and he claimed there is no other magic like Buddhist or Christian magic or any other but I assume he said that to discourage me from learning other paths. He knows Egyptians and Jews practiced the Kabbalah and used magic but other than that, no the magic exists besides the one he practices. I need to get away but I want to help him and return him to the way he was before he mind was messed up. Or there is nothing I can do to help and just leave him to his fate and walk away. I will however stay away for the time being. Thanks, as I will need a lot of luck for this.

Comment

You are right that I need to be free of his influence. I am doing that now by speaking to everyone about it. I couldn't discuss something like this in the open without being laughed at or not taken seriously. I went to this site because it's familiar with this kind of stuff. I don't know the depths of his power or knowledge. I just know he has more than me. Has frightened me as well as others and threatened me too. He warned me not to tell anyone he did this kind of thing. I just want to protect myself mostly. I can get away, but it wouldn't stop him from delving into this kind of thing. If he was just some weird stranger or friend, I'd stay away but this is my brother here. Sometimes I feel I'm going to have to confront him about this and ask him just what kind of stuff IS he doing, what his motives are and what is he trying to accomplish? I've heard of healing and protecting magic and practices and sought it out for my protection. He wants me to learn his magic and I asked him about different kinds and he claimed there is no other magic like Buddhist or Christian magic or any other but I assume he said that to discourage me from learning other paths. He knows Egyptians and Jews practiced the Kabbalah and used magic but other than that, no the magic exists besides the one he practices. I need to get away but I want to help him and return him to the way he was before he mind was messed up. Or there is nothing I can do to help and just leave him to his fate and walk away. I will however stay away for the time being. Thanks, as I will need a lot of luck for this.
                      Then maybe you need to take us a little more seriously.

The claims he is making just aren't true. No matter if he's 17 or 37, these things he's telling you...and the fact that he keep telling you not to tell anyone? Those are screaming signs of manipulation and control. That's what child molesters tell their victims.

I'm sure you care about him, because he's your brother, but I think you need to stop giving him power by believing in him.

First I think you need to decide exactly what you believe -- just for a moment, ignoring his claims, what is it that you feel is the truth of the matter? Do you believe in a god? Magic?

Comment

Then maybe you need to take us a little more seriously.

The claims he is making just aren't true. No matter if he's 17 or 37, these things he's telling you...and the fact that he keep telling you not to tell anyone? Those are screaming signs of manipulation and control. That's what child molesters tell their victims.

I'm sure you care about him, because he's your brother, but I think you need to stop giving him power by believing in him.

First I think you need to decide exactly what you believe -- just for a moment, ignoring his claims, what is it that you feel is the truth of the matter? Do you believe in a god? Magic?
                        I wouldn't just say they aren't true. After all I am the only one who's witnessed it, so of course I have somewhat of a frame of reference. I have seen him apply this cologne and it's worked somehow. If it was drugs, why would he tell me how to perform a complex ritual? Why would he have books about the occult? He said he had the ability to banish people or really, get people to leave his house after doing a ritual. A side effect of it is that the person leaving the house would suffer a lot of pain, but I don't know if that's true or not. I never witnessed him doing that. But after seeing him perform some sort of magic and having it work, it's kind of difficult not to believe in him. He has however mentioned sort of a Buddhist like philosophy. Not entirely because he's done unethical things, because he's mentioned about escaping from this life after he dies, as he said life on this Earth is bad in comparison to the other realms and he's trying to escape from it. I wish I knew more of his beliefs so I can help him more.

As far as magic goes, a lot of people say it's science that hasn't or can't be explained and to a great extent it's true. I do believe in magic and forces and I believe in a lot of the gods and goddesses. Some I think weren't really divine and some of them were something else but it's complicated really.

Comment

Ok. Let's take 'magic is doing this' as a fact. I don't believe it. I'm an atheist. But you do. He does. Whatever. From the outside this is how it appears:
                          You want to have a reason that excludes self responsibility out of the equation. You want there to be a reason other then your brother's poor choices in life. You want to help him. You want to do so by using anything that does not involve fessing up to it being blamed on self responsibility.

It's magic's fault. So let's do magic to fix it.

Your brother is making terrible choices. And it sounds like you'd rather go with magic being the culprit instead of the truth.

Magic will not fix this. But you can't fix it because you can't even find who the real culprit is at fault.

And if you think it's really magic, then let me let you in on a little secret. People who believe they have the power of magic to control those around them, don't have it if you don't give them that power.

Get off the ride and welcome to the real world. Get out of his world and stop feeding him with your fear.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            Ok. Let's take 'magic is doing this' as a fact. I don't believe it. I'm an atheist. But you do. He does. Whatever. From the outside this is how it appears:
                            You want to have a reason that excludes self responsibility out of the equation. You want there to be a reason other then your brother's poor choices in life. You want to help him. You want to do so by using anything that does not involve fessing up to it being blamed on self responsibility.

It's magic's fault. So let's do magic to fix it.

Your brother is making terrible choices. And it sounds like you'd rather go with magic being the culprit instead of the truth.

Magic will not fix this. But you can't fix it because you can't even find who the real culprit is at fault.

And if you think it's really magic, then let me let you in on a little secret. People who believe they have the power of magic to control those around them, don't have it if you don't give them that power.

Get off the ride and welcome to the real world. Get out of his world and stop feeding him with your fear.
                            Well it says you're a LaVeyan Satanist, but whatever. Obviously I don't expect atheists to understand or sympathize much. How could you understand? Are you saying spiritual energy and lives aren't part of the real world? No, I don't agree, but then I don't expect anyone to really understand. Sometimes I feel that some people wouldn't believe me even if the evidence was right in front of their face. Because they refuse to believe it. Because it doesn't fit into their way of life or thinking and it's not something they were raised with. Part of it is his way of thinking. How are you going to deal with rationality with someone who reads necromantic ritual books? Even if you were right and this is all fake, he is still not quite rational by reading such material in the first place. I could stay away from him but that's not going to help him now is it? It's not going to protect those I know and care about by simply running away.

Comment

I understand because I'm a LaVeyan Satanist. I understand because I've done my studies in the occult and occult magic. I understand because I've done spells/hexes and curses. I even own a copy of The Necronomicon. I understand because I was once a practitioner of what your brother is attempting to do.

Is there not a possibility that you are wrong? Is there a possibility that everyone here is not wrong?

As an atheist we have belief. We just don't believe in the things everyone else believes.
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                                I understand because I'm a LaVeyan Satanist. I understand because I've done my studies in the occult and occult magic. I understand because I've done spells/hexes and curses. I even own a copy of The Necronomicon. I understand because I was once a practitioner of what your brother is attempting to do.

Is there not a possibility that you are wrong? Is there a possibility that everyone here is not wrong?

As an atheist we have belief. We just don't believe in the things everyone else believes.
                                Of course we could all be wrong and it's something else entirely but one would assume seeing how I am the only one who's witnessed it, I would naturally have a frame of reference. So if you did what he did, and if magic or some sort of spiritual realization won't help what will? And you said you're an atheist and that you don't believe it? If you performed hexes, doesn't that mean you believe in it by default? I'm confused.

Anyway staying away from him isn't going to stop him. He's not attempting to do it, he already has. I've looked up this Necromantic Ritual Book and it's a very strange thing. It's supposed to teach people about "Death Energy" and it requires some illegal activities, like sleeping with a corpse and kissing one. It involves Azrael the Angel of Death, too. Also it involves golems but I'm not sure about that yet. I don't think he's been with any dead bodies but knowing that he has a book that has that kind of stuff seriously disturbs me.

Comment

Working...
                                X