X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vegetarian, vegan, breatharians?

Sunlight vs pizza....

Yeah, this is not the hardest dietary choice I'll ever make.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Ahhh breatharians. I remember this nonsense when my cousin was REALLY into the raw vegan thing. He was going more and more restrictive on what he didnt want to eat and started believing more and more of this pseudoscientific junk. Last I saw him he was fscking gaunt. Eventually he snapped out of it and started eating some food again. I'd think the whole breatharian thing would be more hilarious if my cousin werent SERIOUS (thats how he came across about it) about it. I still shake my head at it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Immersion View Post
        Ahhh breatharians. I remember this nonsense when my cousin was REALLY into the raw vegan thing. He was going more and more restrictive on what he didnt want to eat and started believing more and more of this pseudoscientific junk. Last I saw him he was fscking gaunt. Eventually he snapped out of it and started eating some food again. I'd think the whole breatharian thing would be more hilarious if my cousin werent SERIOUS (thats how he came across about it) about it. I still shake my head at it though.
        Just pointing out here that I've been raw vegan in the past, and there are healthy ways to do it. It's not all nonsense.

And to be honest - breathatarian? If I could survive off of photosynthesis, I would. But I'm not a plant. I'm a human. So I eat plants.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
          Don't forget, it has to be a double quarter pounder*.

*or did I make that up somewhere?
          Whenever we get fast food I'll pack down one of those and a milkshake. Considering my diet maybe life as a ficus would be preferable.. it sure as heck would save on food costs.
          However I am not certified to be a ficus so I must sustain myself with animal flesh and plant.. flesh equivalent. These guys are kinda nutso. Obviously they need to be eating something so they're sneaking food, lying to one another and perpetuating a dangerous situation on people who actually buy this crap.
          Circe

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
            Just pointing out here that I've been raw vegan in the past, and there are healthy ways to do it. It's not all nonsense.
            My daughter is a vegan (though not the raw foods variety).

When she comes home, periodically she cooks, and the food, 'though vegan, is excellent!

There is a difference between experimenting with nutrition, and experimenting with starvation, me thinks.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

And to be honest - breathatarian? If I could survive off of photosynthesis, I would. But I'm not a plant. I'm a human. So I eat plants.
              Oh no, I'm not saying that raw veganism is nonsense, but the breatharian stuff is. Aside from my cousin I know of one other person who does it. This particular fellow been very successful doing it (far from starving) and openly admits it's not a diet but a lifestyle, and that it's not for everyone. For him it works.

Comment

I'm a vegetarian and I'm pretty healthy.

Comment

I heard of this technique of eating years ago.

I regarded it as the woman was putting a scam on. it had to do with the pranic energies which she fed on to survive. also she admitted to drinking coffee. if it is true it would be most useful in emergency situations.
                  Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

Originally posted by lightdragon View Post
                    I heard of this technique of eating years ago.

I regarded it as the woman was putting a scam on. it had to do with the pranic energies which she fed on to survive. also she admitted to drinking coffee. if it is true it would be most useful in emergency situations.
                    How could breatharianism POSSIBLY be a scam?

Wiley Brooks, founder of the Breatharian Institute, only charges $1,000,000 (non-refundable) for a workshop that will make you the spiritual leader and teacher of the New World, AND includes a trip to the 5th dimension (if you are spiritually advanced enough for it, of course).

And, for a full 32 oz bottle of water from the fountain of youth in the Garden of Eden (which is in the 5th Dimension, of course), he charges a mere $10,000.

He probably doesn't get many takes for these things, but he only really needs one.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

Wiley Brooks, founder of the Breatharian Institute, only charges $1,000,000 (non-refundable) for a workshop that will make you the spiritual leader and teacher of the New World, AND includes a trip to the 5th dimension (if you are spiritually advanced enough for it, of course).

And, for a full 32 oz bottle of water from the fountain of youth in the Garden of Eden (which is in the 5th Dimension, of course), he charges a mere $10,000.

He probably doesn't get many takes for these things, but he only really needs one.
                      I wonder just how many people, even if they haven't forked over the cash, have bought into this nonsense.

Comment

hahahahahahahaha

I don't know how most neopagans perceive this, but I really dislike new agey stuff, I think it's very prone to scam, corruption and puts a bad word to actual neopagan communities who want to practice their faith in an unassuming way. Of course there are interesting new-age things, but I don't trust it much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ektor View Post
                          hahahahahahahaha

I don't know how most neopagans perceive this,
                          As someone who is *somewhere* in the Pagan/Wiccan category I find it completely laughable. I could write a lot more on it but...

but I really dislike new agey stuff, I think it's very prone to scam, corruption and puts a bad word to actual neopagan communities who want to practice their faith in an unassuming way. Of course there are interesting new-age things, but I don't trust it much.
                          I am of a similar opinion.

I do think it's pretty amusing he mentions the 5th Dimension. The *only* 5th dimension of which I am aware is the band.

Comment

This sort of thing makes me angry.... Dying is not ascention, but it will be the result of this bretharian nonsense....
                            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Immersion View Post

I do think it's pretty amusing he mentions the 5th Dimension. The *only* 5th dimension of which I am aware is the band.
                              He's obviously gone up up and away.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I think I eat too much air. Because I fart a lot.
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X