X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Happy 8th of March everyone~

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    I can be gay every day of my life. I can be a woman EVERY day of my life. I can talk like a pirate every day of my life. My point is that there's no need for a DAY dedicated to it.
    I liked that talking like a pirate bit. We should have an International Women Talk Like Pirates Day. Now THAT would catch my fancy.

I digress, didn't even know that yesterday was Women's Day. Sort of don't care/don't see the point in more advanced nations where sexual inequality isn't a huge detriment anymore. Are there still inequalities and double standards? Sure, but they go both ways. I think we should celebrate and embrace our loved ones every day, regardless of gender.

We should also talk like pirates every day. Because it would be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
      In many places around the world, every day IS "*enter majority privileged group* day", not because it pleases some people to be victims, but because people are being treated as less as than human and second class citizens.

Thinking everyone is equal starts with not thinking some people are less than human or second class citizens.
      I don't deny there are places where "x" group is abused, but how does singling them out and wearing a ribbon of social justice help them? Fighting the good fight for all human beings includes all marginalized groups. And also those whose culture has told them they are superior, even if they don't agree with it. There are real life people with emotions and hearts on all sides of every situation. Appealing to their hearts, for the decency of all human beings, educating people instead of demonizing them is to me a more effective method of changing the world.

Comment

Guys, I just want to take a second and remind people that this isn't the right place for a debate about this subject. (Holiday section).
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

women
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
          X