This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Isolated People Who Gave You a Bad View of a Religon

I think I can safely say that I have never had an experience like this. If anything it's been backwards for me... already knowing people of a religion or faith and then meeting the anomalous person (or group of people) who are unable to change my opinion because I already know that they are the minority.

Perhaps that's a symptom of me living where I do (and by that I mean Adelaide, not Australia in general). I know a lot of Catholics and Christians of various denominations and I have never been hated or persecuted or treated badly by any of them, family, strangers and clients included. If anything, any negative experiences with people of other (or the same) faiths has been from fluffy neo-pagans, elitist Demonolators, elitist neo-shamanists and generally pretentious and holier-than-thou armchair-magicians/witches/shamanists who think they are better than everyone else.

Comment

I think we need a flip thread for this. The isolated people who gave you hope for faith/religion. I had a lot of rather horrible experiences growing up, but a select few people from dramatically different backgrounds that are the reason I don't loathe religion, period. I'd love to talk about them.
      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
        I think we need a flip thread for this. The isolated people who gave you hope for faith/religion. I had a lot of rather horrible experiences growing up, but a select few people from dramatically different backgrounds that are the reason I don't loathe religion, period. I'd love to talk about them.
        I agree. My grandfather, for one, was probably one of the best examples I could ever have of what it *really* means to be Christian
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

I'm in and out of doctor appointments today, but if I get home this evening and it hasn't happened yet, I'll hop on the PC and set it up
          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I think this is a great idea Dez,there are people I have known that inspired me even though they were Christian..And it is sad I have to say even though about Christians..Some Christians..
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

The Baptist church in my hometown is a bit zealous. I assumed that all Baptists were intolerant and were out to convert everyone. When I was in college, I was talking about it ignorantly and a girl I often talked to calmly told me that she went to a Baptist church, but they're not really centrally organized and that not everyone is like that. I knew that she was a tolerant person and had a kind heart. Her patience and the way she explained her beliefs and her church group impressed me and I felt very ashamed for lumping everyone under one umbrella.

Comment

Working...
              X