Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aranofsky's Noah more suited for Pagans? (Article discussion.)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aranofsky's Noah more suited for Pagans? (Article discussion.)

So I just saw the actual trailer for Noah. Christians need not be worried. This has nothing to do with Noah from the bible. Just a skim of it. Seriously. Chillax.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzal View Post
      So no one else noticed that that's a photoshopped image of Emma wearing what appears to be a nappy/diaper? lol. Original image here: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-yu6-sw072t...photoshoot.jpg

Still a good reason to see the movie though I'm gonna be watching it at some point too.
      Holy shit, it is too.

I'm a tiny bit uncomfortable now :| Gotta be more careful when googling hot celebrities.

Here, cleanse your brain with some Alison Brie:

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        So I just saw the actual trailer for Noah. Christians need not be worried. This has nothing to do with Noah from the bible. Just a skim of it. Seriously. Chillax.
        I think that's whats bunching panties in the first place :P
        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I think I'll see it. I don't like the bible but the movie is probably going to be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            As Aeran said, that's why they are mad.

Of course, they're hypocrites in that they are the same people who liked the Passion of the Christ, which used a whole HOST of exo-Biblical material....

Any biblical movie is going to be an interpretation. From what I've read about it, the film is frankly about as accurate as most of them (more so in that it includes some scenes usually cut from film Noahs, like when he gets shit faced drunk and hides in a tent away from his family after they land after realizing everyone is dead). So yeah.
            hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Word. Going out Friday to see this...and of course pizza too!

Comment

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
                Forget Russel Crowe

I wondered why she was wearing a nappy :wtf:...anyway, not my type.

I'm very keen to see the film. I'll be interested to see all of the small nuances and what is and isn't depicted.

Comment

The "Flood" is not exclusively an Abrahamic myth,there are many accounts in other cultures and writings.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Went to see it tonight. I must say it was AWESOME! Like it literally took the idea of the flood from the bible and then veered all over the place. Factually incorrect. Historically sooo incorrect. I won't spoil it. Living in real world...waaaay incorrect.

And I loved every minute of it. Dramatic. Good story. Action. And I do mean ACTION. Fun movie. Really pushed the environmentalists against industrialists agenda to the extreme.

But did I detect any lies?
                    Nope. It was pretty right about it.

Comment

I saw the trailer yesterday. All I could think was Noah 300! 0.o
                      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I saw it-- I really loved it. The film was gorgeous, and actually only changed a few things from the biblical story. Mostly it was just additions, and an awful lot of those were from Enoch or the Mishra.

It was awesome to see the Watchers on film, and despite all the criticism of it for being allegedly anti-biblical and anti-religious, I found it very much to be neither.

I loved the message about respecting the earth as well....

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
                          I saw it-- I really loved it. The film was gorgeous, and actually only changed a few things from the biblical story. Mostly it was just additions, and an awful lot of those were from Enoch or the Mishra.

It was awesome to see the Watchers on film, and despite all the criticism of it for being allegedly anti-biblical and anti-religious, I found it very much to be neither.

I loved the message about respecting the earth as well....
                          We saw it last week for date night and really enjoyed it. Torey in particular loved all the little nuances and additions of original details that have become lost in the more recent retellings of the story. And that Watchers was a highlight for us, obviously lol.

I did come away from it thinking that people who feel that it is anti-biblical are forgetting the actual biblical and Judaic texts. There were a few inaccuracies and moments of artistic license, but I think those contributed to the story rather than took away from it. I thought the interpretations of the obscure references were quite well done (the Watchers' earthbound forms being one of them). And Noah's internal struggle throughout the second half of the film felt very plausible to me. It wasn't a particularly subtle film, but I enjoyed it.

I can understand why it's controversial amongst Christians, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                            We saw it last week for date night and really enjoyed it. Torey in particular loved all the little nuances and additions of original details that have become lost in the more recent retellings of the story. And that Watchers was a highlight for us, obviously lol.

I did come away from it thinking that people who feel that it is anti-biblical are forgetting the actual biblical and Judaic texts. There were a few inaccuracies and moments of artistic license, but I think those contributed to the story rather than took away from it. I thought the interpretations of the obscure references were quite well done (the Watchers' earthbound forms being one of them). And Noah's internal struggle throughout the second half of the film felt very plausible to me. It wasn't a particularly subtle film, but I enjoyed it.

I can understand why it's controversial amongst Christians, though.
                            I was REALLY glad they showed Noah having conflict. Part of why I like the Noah story is that its something God doesn't seem particular keen on in the narrative (I mean, at the end YHWH goes "I am literally NEVER doing that again!") and showing Noah having trepidation was such a relief after so many adaptations of the story where Noah is just "okay cool, we're wiping out the world." As a Christian, it made me very happy.

I was baffled a bit by the controversy honestly, I mean, I can sort of see why, I don't need an explanation or anything about why it would be, but I feel like most of the controversy is invented or exaggerated from what is actually on screen.

I'm glad you enjoyed it !

Comment

Working...
                            X