This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: give me advice

I think the people you're arguing with don't know their own faith. Wicca is intended to be quite a syncretic religion, and there isn't supposed to be some dogma of exclusion. I suppose this sort of thing comes from certain hard Christians accusing Wiccans of being satanic, and giving them a hard time because of it. Then you get some Wiccans, who come from very Christian backgrounds and want to be accepted by all the mainstream folk, and buy the Hollywood propaganda made about Satanists, try to defend themselves by saying "Oh, we aren't Satanists, because we don't drink your blood or sacrifice random people." instead of "Most of us aren't Satanists, because Satan generally isn't acknowledged as a deity among us." And then they think they have to bash Satanists because they think they're giving them a bad name. Ah, how conflict can spread...

Comment

Re: give me advice

I'm a mix of Wiccan-influenced witchcraft and paganism with strong Norse heathen elements. A lot of purists cry out that Wicca-esque practices and Heathenry/Asatru can't mix because they are essentially different "religions" - so I know where you're coming from, satanic witch. My spirituality is in a state of flux at the moment, it's a big mixed blob waiting to be baked into something...you're still young, and you have plenty of time to develop your spirituality. Don't listen to the haters and the people who try tell you what you can and can't practice or believe. If you do that you will NEVER find a path that makes you truly happy! You must do what you feel in your heart works for you. Spirituality is an intensely personal thing, for me at least, and it must be up to you to decide what feels right in your heart and soul.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X