This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minnesota gets lucky

This would have been a very, very bad one, but it all came out OK, thanks to an utterly amazing bit of luck.

Police: Woman's gut feeling thwarts planned school massacre, family murder

Time to blame the usual suspects, like naughty heavy metal music.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Minnesota gets lucky

Dang crazy kids and their corrupting modern music. Head bangs out the door jamming to the heavy metal music of Lawrence Welk...... (I think I might be getting old).....Bob Bob a do wop....OHHHH, a shiny pinny right there on the ground...Sits down and thinks "What the hell,when did I get so old?
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Man, that kid is a dumbass. And of course the media is going to blame metal. Because you know, all us crazy metalheads just want to kill people...

Still, it's a victory for Minnesota.

Comment

Thank god you're not listening to Buddy Holly...
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Do you know what gets me in this article....? Look at the number of times they put in 'they say' or 'police said.' I mean, you could have 'Pigs flying over central London, Tylluan says,' but it ain't necessarily so...
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I watched the video, didn't read the article. Two things bother me about this...the first is more of a "real" concern and the other is pedantic.

So when they say that a "troubled youth" is going to kill a bunch of people, I typically imagine...well...shitty neighborhood, shitty family life, shitty environment. But did you see that f'ing house? His parents are raking in a truckload of money already, I'd wager, so what in the hell is with the lack of a sense of perspective with these teens? I can't agree, but could understand someone angry at the world because they have nothing, but these asshats are handed the damned world and it doesn't seem to be enough.

Now, we obviously don't know his childhood or his parents or his living conditions or even the students in his school, so who knows? Maybe there's something there that logically makes sense? But I doubt it. And honestly, as much as I'd hate to start pointing fingers, I see it completely and entirely a self-created cultural issue. People are not exposed to death and the dead anymore. It just doesn't happen. Most of the funerals I've been to are closed casket, and honestly I haven't been to many. We don't display the dead in our homes anymore, so there's no exposure there. Hell, hunting is frowned upon in much of the US, so out of a random 100 people you might find 5-10 that have actually gone hunting and killed something. No exposure at all, and it's killing our perspective.

The other thing I noticed was the cop that said, "Now, we could assume that what we had here was a lucky break. But I prefer to think that God was looking out for us." Really? So what did the parents/teachers/children at Columbine and Sandy Hook do to piss the big guy off so much? See, the thing about luck is that it doesn't have to be consistent for it to be luck...but God is supposed to "think"...after all, if He doesn't, well, then He's just another realm of physics and prayer (and the rest of the religious trappings) are about as useful as flapping your arms after jumping off of a building.

Comment

Working...
            X