X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Debate on the christian bible

Originally posted by Ikumilover90 View Post
    Iv looked into the whole bible thing and I found out that part of the Vatican had taken parts of the bible out and told us what we are reading is the bible period. They put fictional characters into it to make people understand what there talking about it. They wont let anyone know what's going to happen. What they really took out of the bible are things that are going to happen in the future and what heaven really is about. They think is that if you get your hands on it, it will give you the power to do what ever you want. Debatable or not ?
    To stay on topic and because why not.
    The Catholic bible has extra books in it. I don't think there was stuff removed.
    What fictional characters are in this Vatican bible?
    How do you know the stuff they took out was about the future?
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Im starting to believe more snd more that the authors of the Bible were the greatest trolls in history.

Comment

As an individual with a deep personal history in Catholicism from early education to a year of seminary I feel as if I can actually contributr to this discussion.

First, the idea that deep in some forbidden archieves underneath Vatican City lie all sorts of secrets, damning, forbidding, life altering secrets is totally bunk. The thing to remember is that as with most things Catholic it's relavence totally depends on whether or not your Catholic. While Im certain there would be a great deal of interest in Ancient Christian texts, Saintly Relics, Papal Encyclicals, and all sorts of various correspondants from around the world during the life of the Church in their origional form, you'd be quite surprised how much of this information is already available to you. Literally thousands of rare text are available on the vaticans website.

Secondly the bible. To understand the Church you must realize the Catholic Church considers its foundation as being at the moment Christ died, and in many ways over the past 2,000 years the Vatican is quite proud of its ability to protect the spiritual, philosophical, and historical validity of the bible especially the Gospels, but again if your not of the Christian faith why would the Churches sheparding over it offend you?

If I were to suggest the greatest flaw of Christianity, it is historically the Christian Hiearchy has allowed the real essence of God to be warped to fit both their, and their congregations needs. Go grab a Cathecism and youll find out that the Church defines God as the contingency of life.

Comment

Originally posted by Alienist View Post
          You mean why should you care that a government has secretive scriptures.
          I strongly dislike this statement. The Vatican may have unavailable scripture. (I definitely don't agree with the word secret) the Vatican is not the government. The government definitely hides technological advances. It is important that they do so other countries don't get the information and use it against us.
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Technically Vatican City is an independent nation inside Italy so it is a government but unless one lives inside its borders that fact is probably not particularly relevant.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
              Technically Vatican City is an independent nation inside Italy so it is a government but unless one lives inside its borders that fact is probably not particularly relevant.
              Thank you, Masked. Apparently I missed a whole page worth of thread when I went to read this on my phone. I guess that is technically true, but I still don't feel it is in the heart of what was said. Beyond that, I've said my piece. Unless something new and real interesting pops up.
              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                I strongly dislike this statement. The Vatican may have unavailable scripture. (I definitely don't agree with the word secret) the Vatican is not the government. The government definitely hides technological advances. It is important that they do so other countries don't get the information and use it against us.
                It'd be nice if you used my full quote but whatever. Haven't you ever heard of a government inside a government AKA Shadow Government?

Comment

Originally posted by Alienist View Post
                  It'd be nice if you used my full quote but whatever. Haven't you ever heard of a government inside a government AKA Shadow Government?
                  Are you saying that the Vatican is a shadow government? In other words, what does this have to do with the OP? Even if the Vatican is a shadow government, what does that have to do with the bible? I can understand discussing Vatican conspiracies regarding the bible, because they tie in pretty directly to the OP. But, the Vatican isn't a government hiding anything not related to the Catholic church in some way. And I'm done discussing government conspiracy in this thread unless you can specifically tell me how it ties in to the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                    If the Vatican has hidden all this powerful knowledge, deep in the catacombs below, how would anyone even know of its existence?
                    The answer is obvious. People who are working with them end up leaving them or trying to spread this to knowledge to others. Some end up believing but most don't. There will always be someone in the government who wishes to tell people the truth and then the government ends up labeling them "kooks" so almost no one ends up believing them. The Vatican is one of many shadow governments though.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                    Because I'm a glutton for punishment...

Did you not read Corbin's post? I'll save you the trouble of going back to look for it.

There seems to be a complete lack of opinion, there, Alienist, in favor of real verifiable statements. Such as, sources that don't exist and whatnot, or the total lack of supporting evidence. If the book has no solid evidence to back up it's claims, it is not the reader that has to find evidence, elsewhere, to disprove it. (It is the exact same futility inherent in debating the Holy Bible. It can't be disproven. It can't be proven. The Bible is a religious text. Not a research vessel.)

Plus, if you're asking Corbin to cite his source, that this book is B.S., he already has. The source IS that book you seem to covet.

So, which part do you find confusing? The bit that has words containing more than two syllables? What? Your circular logic won't work on me.
                    Um no. That's where you wrong. He offers no sources saying that this book is B.S. and WHY it's B.S. Just that it is So you can spare me and everyone else your rude behavior.

Comment

"MY" rude behavior? I think you seriously missed the day God gave out brains. My pointed remarks, directed solely at you, have been a direct result of your own behavior. You see, I don't generally get much involved in these dead horse topics until someone complains about asshattery, self-righteous hypocrisy, or just plain stupidity (outside of direct abuse).

I guess you could call me a shadow administrator. I don't have the temperament to put up with asinine behavior in my home. You call it overreacting and pretentious, I call it don't come into my home and shit on the carpet. There's three people that own and run this site. A labor of love. We try to let people be themselves and monitor their own civility. But this is not a free-for-all.

Alienist, you have directly disobeyed forum standards of etiquette and, now, forum rules. This single post of mine is the very last attempt I will make, to convince you that your fitting into the community, that is Pagan Forum, needs a good deal of improvement in reading comprehension, simple consideration and basic decency.

If this self-improvement is too much for you, perhaps seeking a different website, where trolling is welcome, is in order, for you, instead.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Working...
                      X