This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pagan without Deity?

Pantheism seems to be something very common in Pagan paths that are geared more toward ancestor and nature reverence. It'd certainly be worth looking into I think.

Comment

Originally posted by miss_mc View Post
      I've been scrambling all over the internet recently, racking up bookmarks and and making notes and looking at videos. I'm interested in looking into Paganism but what I'm not really interested in is Deity, but it seems to me that doesn't really exist? At the very least I'm having a hard time finding it. So I suppose I have several questions:
      Is there Paganism without Deity? What is that called and where can I learn more about it?
      Is it anything like pantheism?
      While I'm gathering my information, if I cut out the parts that mention Deity, will it still work?

Sorry if these are dumb/broad questions. I'm not sure how to ask better ones yet.

You can never ask a dumb question (unless you are like this one lady I met one time that asked why the ice was frozen, but that is something else entirely )! Before anyone finds a deity, or doesn't work with them, they have to first find their niche. For instance, I believe in an infinite amount of deities because if someone believes in their deity sincerely, and truly, then they exist for that person. For me? I have no deity or deities that I share a connection with. For now? I am just researching as much as I can about paganism to see where my path lies. Will that be with a deity? I'm not sure, but I am excited about my journey. What sort of information are you looking for? Just the paganism that doesn't revolve around deity, or anything you can find?

Comment

Wow wow, that is a lot of links, thank you all! I've got a lot of reading to do now, haha. I feel a strong pull towards working with/revering nature and its cycles. I've always been so impressed with the world, I'm well known among my friends for stopping dead in my tracks, looking around, and saying "The world. Is. So. Cool." I feel like if there's any sort of divine power out there, its in nature, and while humans might personify it into deity, it all comes down to whatever that wonderful little thing is that creates life all around us.

Comment

Originally posted by miss_mc View Post
          Wow wow, that is a lot of links, thank you all! I've got a lot of reading to do now, haha. I feel a strong pull towards working with/revering nature and its cycles. I've always been so impressed with the world, I'm well known among my friends for stopping dead in my tracks, looking around, and saying "The world. Is. So. Cool." I feel like if there's any sort of divine power out there, its in nature, and while humans might personify it into deity, it all comes down to whatever that wonderful little thing is that creates life all around us.
          I'm also very late to the party, so forgive me if I'm just repeating what others have said before.

You're very right. One of my struggles when I first accepted paganism was scrambling to find a God. I was raised Roman Catholic so I always used to praying to -something-. I thought I needed to find an outlet right away. There were plenty of Gods and Goddesses that I tried my hardest to identify with but it always slipped away.

My first loves are the earth and universe, which to me encompasses all faiths. Just stick to your heart and the rest will follow.

Comment

Working...
          X