Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should facebook ban controversial user?

Originally posted by Dez View Post
    Can't stand her...but I find it just as loathsome as some middle-aged guy doing it. For whatever reason the fact that she's young and female has people more up in arms then they normally are. I keep seeing things calling her a cheerleader, but what the heck do her parents do that she can afford something like this?
    Probably has something to do with the fact that women are supposed to be the gentle moral gatekeepers and nurturers. Not only is she doing something completely disgusting, she's also committing a social taboo while she's at it.
    As for how she affords this kind of thing, that's what I'm wondering as well. If her parents are paying for it... I just don't know what to say. I guess that they're the kind of parents who would raise a kid who would kill endangered species for fun.

Comment

Ignoring the Facebook aspect....and assuming not much has changed in the last few years when I last looked into this and happened to be taking conservation biology...

What makes hunting a rogue male elephant more loathsome than, say a white tail deer?

I can't speak for her in particular, but in general...they would otherwise cause a problem and they get eaten by the general populace who don't hunt them for a number of social and economic reasons, and their locality gets money for stuff they need.

Sure, its maybe not ideal...but its also not some particular evil.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Reminds me, all over fb recently I saw images of James Hepfield (Metallica) standing over a bear carcass and "boycott metallica" everywhere. I don't agree with the guy, but negative publicity for animal rights, is still publicity.

And I'm still going to buy his music.

Which reminds me of Marion Zimmer Bradley...
        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
        Seen the desert and the birds
        You cut your hair short
        Like a shush to an insult
        The world had been yelling
        Since the day you were born
        Revolting with anger
        While it smiled like it was cute
        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
          Ignoring the Facebook aspect....and assuming not much has changed in the last few years when I last looked into this and happened to be taking conservation biology...

What makes hunting a rogue male elephant more loathsome than, say a white tail deer?

I can't speak for her in particular, but in general...they would otherwise cause a problem and they get eaten by the general populace who don't hunt them for a number of social and economic reasons, and their locality gets money for stuff they need.

Sure, its maybe not ideal...but its also not some particular evil.
          I'm only speaking about her in particular. FB banned her pics. Not her page. Just her pics.

Parties over, folks.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
          X